Welcome to FutureTimeline.forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My timeline of the future

timeline future fiction

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts

Question. Did at some point the star people reinstate emotion?

No. That doesn't stop them from putting themselves ahead of anything else.

And what purpose drives the star people?

Their sole purpose of existence is to become as advanced as possible. The constant conquest of new territory is simply to give them more space, so that they can grow their population quickly, which will give them more minds to contribute to advancing science and technology. Anything that doesn't help their main goal in one way or another is considered by them to be a waste of time and resources.

Spacekitty

Spacekitty

Dusk Cypher - Instigator of Transcendence

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationHuman Shell Unit Version 1.0

so bsically self evolving machines in biological form until the point when they become shape shifters. k gottit

I will instigate the singularity!

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

20000s...With the Galactic Core now under the control of the Star People, whole new realms of power are open to them. Now traveling at twenty to fifty times the speed of light, their immense ships visit the most distant corners of the galaxy, constructing new Dyson Spheres and new stars along the way. In a short few thousand years, no part of the Milky Way is uncharted space to the Star People. Complete colonization, however, will still take many thousands of years, however. While this is happening, the fully non-biological Star People are mentally merging to become one great Mind controlling all the nanotech bodies. This process begins in 21000 to 22000 AD and is by no means quick and easy. The last remaining mega-corporation, the Galactic Corporation, objects vigorously, but its leaders are eventually convinced that the power of the Star People as a whole is more important than that of individuals. The merge is complete by 24,000 and it is not long before the Star People close in on Type III status. They officially reach it in 28,140. Now the stars are their playthings and 70 percent of the stars in the galaxy have Dyson Spheres. Curiously, no sentient life has been discovered since the destruction of the Core Empire. Apparently, all the remaining Type I and II Civilizations in the galaxy have made themselves scarce to avoid destruction. Meanwhile, the new Type III Civilization will soon fill the galaxy.

30000s...By the 32000s or 33000s, every one of the 600 billion stars in the galaxy (including 200 billion synthetic ones) has a Dyson Sphere around it. Within a few thousand years the spheres are filled to the brim with the Star People and their machinery. Needless to say, the said machinery would be as incomprehensible to us as an internal combustion engine is to a chimpanzee. Nevertheless, their collective mind is hesitant to head out into the yawning void that is intergalactic space. Eventually, with the Milky Way no longer possessing the energy to power their immense plans and projects, they make the leap in around 35000. Moving through space at hundreds of times the speed of light, their ships reach the satellite galaxies such as the Magellanic Clouds after only a few centuries of travel. For the first time, the Star People look upon their galaxy from an outside vantage point. Soon, they will inhabit other galaxies as well.

• Solarstrike likes this

sasuke2490

sasuke2490

veteran gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

I think we will probably disappear out of the universe or go into a pocket dimension to escape heat death or maybe a better universe the transcendence theory holds up in my book. If aliens advanced earlier there would be more evidence unless the light has yet to reach us. Maybe They found a way to keep us in a simulated solar system or something similar who knows.

https://www.instagc.com/scorch9722

Use my link for free steam wallet codes if you want

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

I think we will probably disappear out of the universe or go into a pocket dimension to escape heat death or maybe a better universe the transcendence theory holds up in my book. If aliens advanced earlier there would be more evidence unless the light has yet to reach us. Maybe They found a way to keep us in a simulated solar system or something similar who knows.

That'll come eventually.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

40000s...Forty thousand years after the first primitive ancestors of the Star People first left their home world, the first large-scale ventures out of the Milky Way Galaxy begin. Planet-sized ships traveling at a thousand times the speed of light carry the nanobot Star People to all of the Milky Way's satellite galaxies and some even go as far as Andromeda and Triangulum, several million light years away. Dyson Spheres are so easy to construct that they are built in hours or days with almost no thought given to them. Even larger and more spectacular structures are being constructed in interstellar and intergalactic space. Huge structures built are built around black holes to harness their energy. Trillion-mile-wide arrays of telescopes and sensors examine every corner of the universe with nanometer accuracy. Black hole generators create black holes for use as an energy source. By 45000, the term 'Star People' has become too modest, so the entity that was the Star People renames itself the Cosmic Power. The name is fitting, since it is more of an omnipotent and omniscient force of nature than a civilization by now. As the millennia continue to march by, the Cosmic Power continues expanding further and further outwards.

50000s...As the millennia continue to pass by, the Cosmic Power continues expanding its reach. The power is capable of traveling mind-boggling distances in very short times: interstellar travel can be done in hours or days and even traveling all the way across the Milky Way takes less than a decade. The space between galaxies can be crossed in mere centuries. Although every star has been manipulated to output far more energy than it would naturally, black hole derived power and other, stranger power sources are also widely used. By the 54000s, the satellite galaxies have been filled up. However, it will still be some time before the frontiers on Andromeda and Triangulum disappear.  By the 58000s, nearly every galaxy in the Local Group has been reached. Outward expansion slows, but that will only last a few thousand years.

• Solarstrike likes this

Spacekitty

Spacekitty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

kinda sscary when you think abot this version of our possible future. I mean we've become microscopic bees that control everything they find. its interesting to find that all of this is backed up with te purpose of science. I think id rather die as one of the pacifists then become some heartless node in a network complex.

sasuke2490

sasuke2490

veteran gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

What star people lulz

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

What star people lulz

What exactly do you mean?

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

60000s...By the 62000s and 63000s, outward expansion has resumed as the Cosmic Power begins expanding out of the Local Group and into the Virgo Supercluster. By this point they are literally unstoppable; no civilization in the observable universe is powerful enough to destroy the Cosmic Power. By 67000-68000, every star in the Local Group has been colonized and transformed for the Power's purposes and interstellar hydrogen has been gathered up to form new stars. Meanwhile, large  (i.e. millions of miles across and capable of holding a billion ships at once) supply stations are being built in intergalactic space to make intergalactic journeys somewhat easier. Enormous arrays of telescopes light years across are also built out in intergalactic space, producing a real-time map of the observable universe, accurate to attometer or zeptometer scales.

• Solarstrike likes this

sasuke2490

sasuke2490

veteran gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

40000s...Forty thousand years after the first primitive ancestors of the Star People first left their home world, the first large-scale ventures out of the Milky Way Galaxy begin. Planet-sized ships traveling at a thousand times the speed of light carry the nanobot Star People to all of the Milky Way's satellite galaxies and some even go as far as Andromeda and Triangulum, several million light years away. Dyson Spheres are so easy to construct that they are built in hours or days with almost no thought given to them. Even larger and more spectacular structures are being constructed in interstellar and intergalactic space. Huge structures built are built around black holes to harness their energy. Trillion-mile-wide arrays of telescopes and sensors examine every corner of the universe with nanometer accuracy. Black hole generators create black holes for use as an energy source. By 45000, the term 'Star People' has become too modest, so the entity that was the Star People renames itself the Cosmic Power. The name is fitting, since it is more of an omnipotent and omniscient force of nature than a civilization by now. As the millennia continue to march by, the Cosmic Power continues expanding further and further outwards.

star people

Eterion

Eterion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Observable Universe

I find this timeline to be very interesting, however I have few notes/questions:

- Isn't the evolution of humans too fast (<2500s)? I mean even when Star People lived in Jovian system and beyond and everyone else on Earth and closer to Sun, the changes wouldn't be so drastic right? 20 percent more brain size in 400 years is too much of a change. I read somewhere that even in 100 000 years we will probably look pretty much the same. Unless these changes were done via genetic engineering, that would explain it.

- Dyson sphere. I love the concept, I really do. Is there actually enough material in our solar system to build one, and does that mean humans invented artificial gravitation along the way? This also involves the space ships.

- Alcubierre (Warp) drive seems to be developed way too late. And speed of light isn't very practical, even when relativity kicks in, and it's not like you can just jump to and out of light speed. Unless ofcourse inertial dampeners are invented.

- The Core Empire. So they were about the same tech level as Star People, but the Dyson spheres they builded were empty or occupied by some "lesser" civilizations, I guess that means The Core Empire was "good"? They cared about all life?

- And out of curiosity, if all stars in the galaxy have Dyson sphere around it, how it would look like. Would it reflect light from other galaxies, or it would just look like gray cloud or something?

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

I find this timeline to be very interesting, however I have few notes/questions:

- Isn't the evolution of humans too fast (<2500s)? I mean even when Star People lived in Jovian system and beyond and everyone else on Earth and closer to Sun, the changes wouldn't be so drastic right? 20 percent more brain size in 400 years is too much of a change. I read somewhere that even in 100 000 years we will probably look pretty much the same. Unless these changes were done via genetic engineering, that would explain it.

Yes, it was mostly done by genetic engineering.

- Dyson sphere. I love the concept, I really do. Is there actually enough material in our solar system to build one, and does that mean humans invented artificial gravitation along the way? This also involves the space ships.

It's definitely possible if you mine the sun. I don't know whether it would be possible if you just break up the planets.

- Alcubierre (Warp) drive seems to be developed way too late. And speed of light isn't very practical, even when relativity kicks in, and it's not like you can just jump to and out of light speed. Unless ofcourse inertial dampeners are invented.

I'd actually predict that they'll be invented in the 4th millennium, but for the sake of the story, I didn't want the star people getting out of the galaxy too fast. In-universe, they discovered a way to build warp drives, but the energy requirements made building one impractical for thousands of years.

- The Core Empire. So they were about the same tech level as Star People, but the Dyson spheres they builded were empty or occupied by some "lesser" civilizations, I guess that means The Core Empire was "good"? They cared about all life?

The Core Empire did in fact look out for lower civilizations. Whether they are "good" or not depends on who you ask. Ask the Core Empire and they would say that they are a peaceful and powerful empire and a safe haven for all sentient races. Ask the Star People and they would tell you that they are a petty bureaucracy doing nothing for the good of the universe. You see, whenever a civilization "grew up" sufficiently they would get representatives in the empire's government. Over time, there came to be hundreds of different civilizations with wildly different and incompatible ideas on how to run things. This led to perpetual squabbling and enormous numbers of complex rules had to be implemented, leading to a tangled bureaucracy that could accomplish nothing save for maintaining the status quo. Stagnation followed, leading to a large hodgepodge of civilizations sitting on a huge pile of resources and doing nothing with it for millennia. There was talk of establishing a leader civilization to command the entire Galactic Core and clean up the mess, but as almost everyone wanted to be the leader (and many even honestly believed that they were the best species for the job), nothing came of it.

- And out of curiosity, if all stars in the galaxy have Dyson sphere around it, how it would look like. Would it reflect light from other galaxies, or it would just look like gray cloud or something?

With visible light, I imagine it would be dark. Nothing would be visible to the unaided (human) eye since the spheres aren't transparent. With infrared, on the other hand, the heat signatures of every sphere could be clearly seen.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

It's pretty obvious where this is going, so I'll just skip to the end. Somewhere between 10,000,000 and 500,000,000 AD, the Cosmic Power controls every corner of the observable universe. It knows everything there is to know except for two things: 1) Is it possible to escape the universe? and 2) Can entropy be reversed?. After millions of years of overuse, the stars are beginning to fail billions of years early. Only two options remain: reverse entropy or escape the universe. As seven previous major experiments on entropy reversal have all failed (sometimes spectacularly; the third experiment destroyed more than ten thousand galaxies), the Cosmic Power chooses the second option. They transcend space and time, moving from a Type IV Civilization to a Type V Civilization. The Cosmic Power begins creating "universe factories", churning out universes en masse and sometimes consuming universes as fuel. Even still, the Power expands its reach. Explorers search for higher dimensions and even structures beyond dimensions.*

*this is not intended to make sense for a few million years

• hiraeth and Solarstrike like this

hiraeth

hiraeth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

It's pretty obvious where this is going, so I'll just skip to the end. Somewhere between 10,000,000 and 500,000,000 AD, the Cosmic Power controls every corner of the observable universe. It knows everything there is to know except for two things: 1) Is it possible to escape the universe? and 2) Can entropy be reversed?. After millions of years of overuse, the stars are beginning to fail billions of years early. Only two options remain: reverse entropy or escape the universe. As seven previous major experiments on entropy reversal have all failed (sometimes spectacularly; the third experiment destroyed more than ten thousand galaxies), the Cosmic Power chooses the second option. They transcend space and time, moving from a Type IV Civilization to a Type V Civilization. The Cosmic Power begins creating "universe factories", churning out universes en masse and sometimes consuming universes as fuel. Even still, the Power expands its reach. Explorers search for higher dimensions and even structures beyond dimensions.*

See you there!

I searched for God and found only myself. I searched for myself and found only God. Sufi Proverb

Spacekitty

Spacekitty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Interesting and teriffying story. I think it was worth it asking you to share this. Though to be honest I hoped that the core empire would win. that they would end us so that we would not spread any further. I think that they were wrong to take away emotion and leave cold intellect behiind. and I question the morality of an end to emotion as well. Without our sixth sense, the ability to feel, I think they lost the greatest war ever waged and the humans that wouldn't upgrade became the true victors in a tale of transcension.

The cosmic power may have gained a lot, but it continues to lose a hundred fold more.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

Interesting and teriffying story. I think it was worth it asking you to share this. Though to be honest I hoped that the core empire would win. that they would end us so that we would not spread any further. I think that they were wrong to take away emotion and leave cold intellect behiind. and I question the morality of an end to emotion as well. Without our sixth sense, the ability to feel, I think they lost the greatest war ever waged and the humans that wouldn't upgrade became the true victors in a tale of transcension.

The cosmic power may have gained a lot, but it continues to lose a hundred fold more.

True. As I wrote the timeline, I did on occasion wonder if perhaps humanity was no longer there anymore and it was just their nanobots and machines left. (That's one way to look at it, I guess.)

piyush

piyush

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi ,India

amazing

• Jakob likes this

That-Guy

That-Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Got anymore ideas, been waiting for a while.

Jakob

Jakob

Stable Genius

• Members
  • 6,122 posts

Got anymore ideas, been waiting for a while.

It was finished several months ago.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: timeline, future, fiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users