Hello Fellow Futurists!

New to our community? Say a little something about yourself here!
Immortal Coil

Hello Fellow Futurists!

Post by Immortal Coil »

Hello,

I've been lurking on this forum (or the previous iteration thereof) since about 2016 or so, and I figured it was about time for me to come out of the shadows, create an account, and actively contribute. Not that I will have an awful lot to add to most discussions, but I will try my best to be a bit more of an active participant.

A bit about me:
- I'm in my early 40s
- I'm from a small Western European country, and currently live in South East Asia. I've also been fortunate enough to live in the UK, the US, Australia, and a few other places around the world. I should therefore be able to offer a bit of an international perspective
- My educational background is in biochemistry / cell biology, but I ended up in a corporate job in the healthcare industry
- As my username indicates, I have a particular interest in longevity research. I certainly can't claim to be an expert, I just try to keep an eye on new developments in this space, and I do hope to stay alive (and healthy) for a very long time, partly because the mere thought of not being able to witness the amazing innovations of the (far) future saddens me
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: Hello Fellow Futurists!

Post by wjfox »

Welcome to the forum! :)
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Welcome to the forum Immortal Coil. I look forward in reading your posts.
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Welcome to the forum!
Cody93

Post by Cody93 »

Welcome! Great to see a new face!
An apple pie from scratch.

🏳‍🌈🌈
Immortal Coil

Post by Immortal Coil »

Thanks all... it only took me 6 months to actually post something (just been too busy...). I'll try to make more of an effort to participate in discussions, moving forward :)
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Welcome to the forum.

It was nice of you to come forward and introduce yourself. It confirms for me these there is at least something valid about all of these post view counts that I keep seeing. It is gratifying to know that there are real live human beings out there reading some of this stuff rather than just bots getting registered by the computer.

Also, I like that you have such an international experience. Being a military brat, I had seen much of the world by the time I turned sixteen. So following current international events and understanding "foreign" cultures is a great passion of mine.
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
Lurking

Post by Lurking »

Hi
Internet used to be an escape from the real world.
Now the real world is an escape from internet.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

Nice to meet you.