Looking for transhumanism advocates (or critics)

New to our community? Say a little something about yourself here!
chicanaminha

Looking for transhumanism advocates (or critics)

Post by chicanaminha »

Hi everyone!

I'm currently involved in a community-driven NFT project where the community and NFT artists collaborate on an art piece collection.

This is an invitation for members in this group (who I have observed to be very passionate) to share their ideas, thoughts, design concepts or give feedback on the art pieces as they develop. The art collection is about the world's problems in today's modern society.

Having input from diverse representations would be very valuable for this project to be meaningful and achieve its mission, and proceeds from the auction will go to charity.

I found this forum and thought that there might be people here who have something to contribute about:

🎨︱transhumanism - augmenting artificial devices into our bodies

Would anyone here be interested to take part? A lot of people are still new and exploring the subject, and we are looking to have a healthy and meaningful discussion about this subject, then translate it into art.

Here's the link to the community server, and the art pieces are on the #collection and #ideas channels: https://discord.gg/MyAJNaKH

Hope we can see someone from Future Timeline join us!
funkervogt

Re: Looking for transhumanism advocates (or critics)

Post by funkervogt »

I joined (why not?).

All I see on the main page of the bulletin board is "Messages failed to load."
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

The average person who is not into tech still thinks transhumanism has something to do with transgenderism. You may have some issues with that for a while lol.
alibabaghanouj

Post by alibabaghanouj »

chicanaminha wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:15 am I found this forum and thought that there might be people here who have something to contribute about:

🎨︱transhumanism - augmenting artificial devices into our bodies

Would anyone here be interested to take part? A lot of people are still new and exploring the subject, and we are looking to have a healthy and meaningful discussion about this subject, then translate it into art.

Here's the link to the community server, and the art pieces are on the #collection and #ideas channels: https://discord.gg/MyAJNaKH

Hope we can see someone from Future Timeline join us!
Is the Discord no longer active? I'm late to the party, but I wanted to give it a look see if I could.
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

Some of the urgent problems of today's society:
- obesity, unhealthy diets
- microtransactions
- political correctness
- extreme political ideologies
- nihilism, defeatism and deathism
- being scared of technology and/or transhumanism
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

And if someone cares about my opinion:

NFTs are cancer
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.