OpenAI News & Discussions

wjfox
Site Admin

Re: OpenAI News & Discussions

Post by wjfox »

Announcing new Microsoft AI Hub in London

Apr 7, 2024

Microsoft recently announced the creation of Microsoft AI, a newly formed organization to help advance our consumer AI products and research, including Copilot. Building on that news, I’m thrilled to share that Microsoft AI is opening a new AI hub in the heart of London. Microsoft AI London will drive pioneering work to advance state-of-the-art language models and their supporting infrastructure, and to create world-class tooling for foundation models, collaborating closely with our AI teams across Microsoft and with our partners, including OpenAI.

The new AI hub will be led by Jordan Hoffmann, an exceptional AI scientist and engineer. Prior to joining Microsoft AI, Hoffmann distinguished himself as an AI pioneer at Inflection and DeepMind, based in London. Hoffmann will be joined by a talented group of Microsoft AI team members based in our London Paddington office.  

There is an enormous pool of AI talent and expertise in the U.K., and Microsoft AI plans to make a significant, long-term investment in the region as we begin hiring the best AI scientists and engineers into this new AI hub.

In the coming weeks and months, we will be posting job openings and actively hiring exceptional individuals who want to work on the most interesting and challenging AI questions of our time. We’re looking for new team members who are driven by impact at scale, and who are passionate innovators eager to contribute to a team culture where continuous learning is the norm.

This is great news for Microsoft AI and for the U.K. As a British citizen, born and raised in London, I’m proud to have co-founded and built a cutting-edge AI business here. I’m deeply aware of the extraordinary talent pool and AI ecosystem in the U.K., and I’m excited to make this commitment to the U.K. on behalf of Microsoft AI. I know – through my close work with thought leaders in the U.K. government, business community and academia – that the country is committed to advancing AI responsibly and with a safety-first commitment to drive investment, innovation and economic growth. Our decision to open this hub in the U.K. reflects this ambition.

https://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2024/0 ... in-london/
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

spryfusion

Post by spryfusion »

spryfusion

Post by spryfusion »

firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

I'm wondering if people are going to call it "dumber" because of this bruh
spryfusion

Post by spryfusion »

firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

japanese researchers + tech (esp. ai) = :shock: :shock: :shock:
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

spryfusion

Post by spryfusion »

Moderna's blog post: https://www.modernatx.com/en-US/media-c ... ith-openai

WSJ article: "At Moderna, OpenAI’s GPTs Are Changing Almost Everything"

Archived WSJ article: https://archive.ph/D1rvH
Moderna is expected to announce a partnership Wednesday with artificial-intelligence heavyweight OpenAI, a deal that aims to automate nearly every business process at the biotechnology company and boost the ChatGPT maker’s reach into the enterprise.

As part of the transaction, some 3,000 Moderna employees will have access to ChatGPT Enterprise, built on OpenAI’s most advanced language model, GPT-4, by the end of this week. Further integration of AI into more of its processes could help Moderna outpace its plan to roll out 15 new products within the next five years, the Cambridge, Mass., company said.
spryfusion

Post by spryfusion »