Synthetic Media & Generative AI News and Discussions

wjfox
Site Admin

Re: Synthetic Media & Generative AI News and Discussions

Post by wjfox »

This has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum, but here's a more indepth look at it.

I'm gonna be using this myself, for some futurology videos. 8-)

funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

I like how this article highlights how humans unconsciously keep raising the bar for what counts as "intelligence."
When I showed my friends the sonnet by ChatGPT, they called it “soulless and barren.” Despite following all the rules for sonnets, the poem is cliche and predictable. But is the average sonnet by a human any better? Turing imagined asking a computer for poetry to see if it could think like a person. If we now expect computers to write not just poems but good poems, then we have set a much higher bar.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/books/20 ... in-poetry/

Also, I wonder if the author made the mistake of telling his friends that a machine wrote the sonnet before he asked them to critique it. Of course such knowledge about its authorship would have biased them.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Ken_J

Post by Ken_J »

wjfox wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:40 am
do not like. it's too much like those youtube videos of the eyes and mouth on pieces of fruit. Doesn't look even remotely natural.
ººº

Post by ººº »

Ken_J wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:37 am
wjfox wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:40 am
do not like. it's too much like those youtube videos of the eyes and mouth on pieces of fruit. Doesn't look even remotely natural.
It reminds me of those channels with semi-3d anime characters but way more rigid.
Ken_J

Post by Ken_J »

ººº wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:03 am It reminds me of those channels with semi-3d anime characters but way more rigid.
like v-tubers? yeah those are usually done through a limited motion capture feature, sometimes through expensive rigs, sometimes through web cam software. but this looks more like a simple set of stationary images of a non-talking model, with talking animations swapped over the facial features. there are some better experiments out there right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=3wQBsFftbv8&list=PLLM1VrmGfDzLt_1vsrHhAoQwAtyymWkHy&index=42
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Ken_J wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:58 am
youtube.com/watch?v=3wQBsFftbv8&list=PLLM1VrmGfDzLt_1vsrHhAoQwAtyymWkHy&index=42
Just a tip. You need to delete everything from &list onwards. And include https:// at start of URL.
Ken_J

Post by Ken_J »

wjfox wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:22 pm
Ken_J wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:58 am
Just a tip. You need to delete everything from &list onwards. And include https:// at start of URL.
previous to the edit it included the https: // at the start. but it also showed up as unavailable for some reason in a big box. I just trimmed it so that it didn't eat up half a post with a broken player, figuring people could copy the link if they wanted to follow it.