Synthetic Media & Generative AI News and Discussions

Cyber_Rebel

Re: Synthetic Media & Generative AI News and Discussions

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

wjfox wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:40 am
The future of online avatars. That tutorial was also surprisingly simple, and it's not too difficult to imagine a service not too long down the line which combines all these A.I. tools into a single avatar generating interface. The fact that it still somewhat looks a little robotic is irrelevant considering how much this technology will improve, likely in a very short timeframe. Imagine chatbots having their own A.I. animated avatars as well, which is likely already in development. If Character.AI someday implements this, it's basically over.

Despite a very rough start, this decade is looking more and more promising by the day.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
spryfusion

Post by spryfusion »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Adobe made an AI image generator — and says it didn’t steal artists’ work to do it

Mar 21, 2023, 1:00 PM GMT

Adobe is finally launching its own AI image generator. The company is announcing a “family of creative generative AI models” today called Adobe Firefly and releasing the first two tools that take advantage of them. One of the tools works like DALL-E or Midjourney, allowing users to type in a prompt and have an image created in return. The other generates stylized text, kind of like an AI-powered WordArt.

This is a big launch for Adobe. The company sits at the center of the creative app ecosystem, and over much of the past year, it’s stayed on the sidelines while newcomers to the creative space began to offer powerful tools for creating images, videos, and sound for next to nothing. At launch, Adobe is calling Firefly a beta, and it’ll only be available through a website. But eventually, Adobe plans to tightly integrate generative AI tools with its suite of creative apps, like Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere.

“We’re not afraid of change, and we’re embracing this change,” says Alexandru Costin, VP of generative AI and Sensei at Adobe. “We’re bringing these capabilities right into [our] products so [customers] don’t need to know if it’s generative or not.”

https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/21/2364 ... -announced

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Credit: David Foster on LinkedIn
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Another one of those things I called, from way back in 2017: synthetic media was always going to reach photorealism before hand-crafted CGI.
CGI might never actually truly approach photorealism because of the time and effort necessary, whereas generative AI is essentially a cheat code to do it with a trillionth of the effort.

It remains to be seen how soon someone manages to cross generative AI with video games to create the first truly photo-real graphics.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »