Synthetic Media & Generative AI News and Discussions

Yuli Ban

Re: Synthetic Media & Deepfakes News and Discussions

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Nero

Post by Nero »

As an avid reader of Yuli-Bans predictions it is very exciting to see synthetic media advance, imagine the sort of things we could enjoy a few years from today merely by having an AI generate it.

Audiobooks read by whomever you like are something expect to see interesting next few years.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

We're still in the early days of code generation, but give it another five to ten years.

We could see things like putting in a natural language request into a cognitive agent and getting any fully functional program (even video games) as outputs. Heck, I've been awaiting something like this as a means of combining a bunch of old iTunes library files into one with the oldest available "date added" metadata, as I know the capability is going to come soon enough.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Integrated AI - It’s happening (GPT-3 writes 52,000 words/sec). One new book generated every second, one new US public library every day
SerethiaFalcon

Post by SerethiaFalcon »

That's amazing Yuli! My one thought, though, was, if it is generating that much content every second, it would quickly outrun physical storage, even the best digital storage they have. I wonder what will happen about that? Another interesting thought is, at what point will humanity's entire contribution on the internet be overwhelmed by AI (meaning our contribution to text is in the 0.00001% range)? If this is anything to go by, then it would be less than a year, I'd imagine. The political, social, etc ramifications of this stuff are going to be insane. Even the Trump era will seem tame compared to what will happen I bet. Lol!

Also, I found it fascinating that as this AI has risen, human creative output has dropped. I read in the comments that one individual mentioned they thought it was because people were realizing they are not as good as AI and are dropping out of producing anything. What do you think Yuli (or anyone else that wants to chime in)? That was sort of expected, sort of not for me. I know there are quite a few in the creative community that are only doing creative work as a hobby and/or as a way to make more money on the side, so I could see both those groups dropping out of creative production, for the most part. The only ones that remain will probably be ones that have a huge passion for it, or for those that have a job writing.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »