Synthetic Media & Generative AI News and Discussions

Yuli Ban

Re: Synthetic Media & Deepfakes News and Discussions

Post by Yuli Ban »

The Internet of the future could be written by bots, but will that make it better or worse? Experts at the Copenhagen Institute for Future Studies (CIFS) are raising questions about AI-generated content, and how it could come to dominate the metaverse and other digital locations.

CIFS expert Timothy Shoup estimates that 99 percent to 99.9 percent of the internet’s content will be AI-generated by 2025 to 2030, especially if models like OpenAI’s GPT-3 achieve wider adoption.

“The internet would be completely unrecognizable,” Shoup told colleague Sofie Hvitved.

As its capabilities advance, the idea is that AI could start to generate entire online worlds, along with all the stuff that inhabits them — not to mention all the online material that’s currently mostly made by humans.

“Earlier this year, OpenAI released DALL-E, which uses a 12-billion-parameter version of GPT-3 to interpret natural language inputs and generate corresponding images,” Hvitved wrote. “DALL-E can now create images of realistic objects as well as objects that do not exist in reality.”
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

The video, which shows a rendering of the Ukrainian president appearing to tell his soldiers to lay down their arms and surrender the fight against Russia, is a so-called deepfake that ran about a minute long.
https://www.npr.org/2022/03/16/10870626 ... ine-russia
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Meet Jessica Lawson, A Dallas-based marketer who sends you a LinkedIn Connection. At first glance, everything seems normal, Jessical looks like a “normal” human being, but the fact is, This face does not exist, Jessica’s face is a computer-generated fake using a free online tool that anyone with the internet has access to.

A lot of people assume that you need to have military-grade software to generate these AI-generated faces, but the fact is that anyone with a simple google search can find these tools for free. (or you can pay if you want to make modifications to their faces)
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

raklian

Post by raklian »

Yuli Ban wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:19 pm
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »