Synthetic Media & Generative AI News and Discussions

Tadasuke

Re: Synthetic Media & Deepfakes News and Discussions

Post by Tadasuke »

>
Google claims its text-to-image AI delivers 'unprecedented photorealism'

https://www.engadget.com/google-imagen- ... 05123.html
Google has shown off an artificial intelligence system that can create images based on text input. The idea is that users can enter any descriptive text and the AI will turn that into an image. The company says the Imagen diffusion model, created by the Brain Team at Google Research, offers "an unprecedented degree of photorealism and a deep level of language understanding."

This isn't the first time we've seen AI models like this. OpenAI's DALL-E (and its successor) generated headlines as well as images because of how adeptly it can turn text into visuals. Google's version, however, tries to create more realistic images.
To assess Imagen against other text-to-image models (including DALL-E 2, VQ-GAN+CLIP and Latent Diffusion Models), the researchers created a benchmark called DrawBench. That's a list of 200 text prompts that were entered into each model. Human raters were asked to assess each image. They "prefer Imagen over other models in side-by-side comparisons, both in terms of sample quality and image-text alignment," Google said.
The examples are curated and it's not publicly available. Still needs improvement in social biases and limitations of large language models.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
Lorem Ipsum

Post by Lorem Ipsum »

Tadasuke wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:36 am >
Google claims its text-to-image AI delivers 'unprecedented photorealism'

https://www.engadget.com/google-imagen- ... 05123.html
Not that impressive at the moment other than its accurate text generation.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

My prediction is that by 2025 there will exist a protoform of the Metaverse as was defined before Zuckerberg— a multimodal internet realm unique to each person, of AI generated text, images, audio, and short videos that one can lose themselves within.
Lorem Ipsum

Post by Lorem Ipsum »

Yuli Ban wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:50 am My prediction is that by 2025 there will exist a protoform of the Metaverse as was defined before Zuckerberg— a multimodal internet realm unique to each person, of AI generated text, images, audio, and short videos that one can lose themselves within.
Like a software suite?
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Give this AI a few words of description and it produces a stunning image – but is it art?
by Aaron Hertzmann
June 10, 2022

Introduction:
(The Conversation) A picture may be worth a thousand words, but thanks to an artificial intelligence program called DALL-E 2, you can have a professional-looking image with far fewer.

DALL-E 2 is a new neural network algorithm that creates a picture from a short phrase or sentence that you provide. The program, which was announced by the artificial intelligence research laboratory OpenAI in April 2022, hasn’t been released to the public. But a small and growing number of people – myself included – have been given access to experiment with it.

As a researcher studying the nexus of technology and art, I was keen to see how well the program worked. After hours of experimentation, it’s clear that DALL-E – while not without shortcomings – is leaps and bounds ahead of existing image generation technology. It raises immediate questions about how these technologies will change how art is made and consumed. It also raises questions about what it means to be creative when DALL-E 2 seems to automate so much of the creative process itself.

A staggering range of style and subjects

OpenAI researchers built DALL-E 2 from an enormous collection of images with captions. They gathered some of the images online and licensed others.
Read more here: https://theconversation.com/give-this- ... rt-184363
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
waitingforthe2030s

Post by waitingforthe2030s »

Yuli Ban wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:50 am My prediction is that by 2025 there will exist a protoform of the Metaverse as was defined before Zuckerberg— a multimodal internet realm unique to each person, of AI generated text, images, audio, and short videos that one can lose themselves within.
By 2025? Far too early.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »