OpenAI News & Discussions

Yuli Ban

Re: OpenAI News & Discussions

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

Yuli Ban wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:40 am
Amazing how simple lines of code can change everything and create wonders of technology. It is all so simple and yet the time it took along with all the process involved to make it so simple was quite the laborious feat. Of course this is presumed to be just a snippet of code in a far bigger code scheme and that is my non computer programming self admiring all of this.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

"Building [very simple] games and apps entirely through natural language using OpenAI’s code-davinci model", Andrew Mayne
TL;DR: OpenAI has a new code generating model that’s improved in a number of ways and can handle nearly two times as much text (4,000 tokens.) I built several small games and applications without touching a single line of code. There are limitations, and coding purely by simple text instructions can stretch your imagination, but it’s a huge leap forward and a fun experiment. All the demos can be played with here: https://codepen.io/collection/qOqJqk

I’ve been building games and applications entirely through natural language instructions with OpenAI’s new code-davinci model for several weeks and it’s been a fascinating experience. I’ve been able to build apps and games simply by telling the model what I want. More info here on its other capabilities.

Every single example was created by providing only simple instructions to the model (“create a button that…”). I didn’t change a single line of code, stitch together functions or edit anything. All of the code in these applications was generated entirely by the model. If you have access to the model you can try the instruction prompts yourself (you can get access at openai.com).

Some of these examples took a while to figure out because I wanted to stick to the rule of only using the complete output from the model. I also had to figure out best practices for giving the model instructions. Some instructions it got right away, other instructions were more daunting. I’ll explain what I have learned so far at the end of this post.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

raklian

Post by raklian »

Yuli Ban wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:06 pm
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Sam Altman blog on DALL•E 2
Today we did a research launch of DALL•E 2, a new AI tool that can create and edit images from natural language instructions.

Most importantly, we hope people love the tool and find it useful. For me, it’s the most delightful thing to play with we’ve created so far. I find it to be creativity-enhancing, helpful for many different situations, and fun in a way I haven’t felt from technology in a while.

But I also think it’s noteworthy for a few reasons:

1) This is another example of what I think is going to be a new computer interface trend: you say what you want in natural language or with contextual clues, and the computer does it. We offer this for code and now image generation; both of these will get a lot better. But the same trend will happen in new ways until eventually it works for complex tasks—we can imagine an “AI office worker” that takes requests in natural language like a human does.
R8Z

Post by R8Z »

raklian wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:41 pm
Great meme! :lol:
And, as always, bye bye.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

What gets me is not even the period-correct computers but that it even has that 80s photo grain. It understands filters better than actual image filters. Crazy.