OpenAI News & Discussions

R8Z

Re: OpenAI News & Discussions

Post by R8Z »

Yuli Ban wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:21 am
Yuli Ban wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:06 pm
What gets me is not even the period-correct computers but that it even has that 80s photo grain. It understands filters better than actual image filters. Crazy.
We're getting there. This is only the beggining.

And, as always, bye bye.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
peekpok

Post by peekpok »

Sam Altman is one of the few tech bros that I actually like (for now at least). It's nice to see an influential person expression optimism for once, who isn't also mired in controversy.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Learning to Play Minecraft with Video PreTraining (VPT)
We trained a neural network to play Minecraft by Video PreTraining (VPT) on a massive unlabeled video dataset of human Minecraft play, while using only a small amount of labeled contractor data. With fine-tuning, our model can learn to craft diamond tools, a task that usually takes proficient humans over 20 minutes (24,000 actions). Our model uses the native human interface of keypresses and mouse movements, making it quite general, and represents a step towards general computer-using agents.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Whisper: Human-level speech-recognition model
Whisper is an automatic speech recognition (ASR) system trained on 680,000 hours of multilingual and multitask supervised data collected from the web. We show that the use of such a large and diverse dataset leads to improved robustness to accents, background noise and technical language. Moreover, it enables transcription in multiple languages, as well as translation from those languages into English. We are open-sourcing models and inference code to serve as a foundation for building useful applications and for further research on robust speech processing.
Unbelievable!