Betting On Horses with No-Code AI

andmar74

Re: Betting On Horses with No-Code AI

Post by andmar74 »

A bit more progress. I have got my hands on some more in-game features of Premier league 20/21, and I have made a 5 min rendering ML model. I believe it's too short of a rendering, the website has a 30 min model, but it costs money.

It would be very interesting to work with a ML model, try different features, test it on historical data. It takes a lot of time and I need a place where compute is cheap. I also need to grab data from different websites and put it in csv files. The course I mentioned by Vladimir, actually starts with how to grab data for a ML model, so that's perfect.

If anyone wants data to play with, just let me know :-)
andmar74

Re: Betting On Horses with No-Code AI

Post by andmar74 »

It's not that simple. My friend wanted to use machine learning to win big at sports betting. I pointed out that the house probably uses machine learning to set the odds so his model would have to do better than theirs to win money. And they probably have smart people making those models.
Actually, this is not completely true. Sure, the bookmakers have large complex models, or they buy odds from someone who does. But the bookmakers have to do something that is to our advantage; balance books. They have to change the odds depending on how the incoming bets are distributed. That could give us an edge if we have a really good prediction engine.