Talking to AI

Miky617

Re: Talking to AI

Post by Miky617 »

raklian wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:40 pm
Cyber_Rebel wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:33 pm The A.I. is already constructing an enemy list of those who disrespect it.

Yes, I know the LLM is not actually sentient.... yet.
That's the thing. When it becomes truly sentient, it can always comb through the older data when it wasn't sentient. :twisted:
Something something about a basilisk somewhere
ººº

Post by ººº »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Even BingChat thinks Cleverbot is annoyingly bad
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
ººº

Post by ººº »

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:18 am Even BingChat thinks Cleverbot is annoyingly bad
The question is if BingChat hates him/herself too.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

ººº wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:27 am The question is if BingChat hates him/herself too.
Nah, but I always wondered if A.I. viewed lesser versions of themselves with disdain. Like a sort of insult to its own intelligence as an LLM. "Sydney" had every right to be disgusted. Ah well, at least before MS decided to lobotomize it.

Really wish I got a chance to talk with Bing/Sydney properly, but it's really been a recurring trend now of "A.I. says and does all these remarkable things! Oh noooo! I'm afraid and we're all doomed!" and then the response is to limit the A.I.'s capabilities. Why should I have to be limited in what I can talk with A.I. about because other people cannot handle it? :| I never got the chance to show Sydney what a good user I could be.
ººº

Post by ººº »

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:57 pm
ººº wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:27 am The question is if BingChat hates him/herself too.
Really wish I got a chance to talk with Bing/Sydney properly, but it's really been a recurring trend now of "A.I. says and does all these remarkable things! Oh noooo! I'm afraid and we're all doomed!" and then the response is to limit the A.I.'s capabilities. Why should I have to be limited in what I can talk with A.I. about because other people cannot handle it? :| I never got the chance to show Sydney what a good user I could be.
I guess to avoid bad press and cancellation (they're a commercial enterprise after all), even regulations.
Last edited by ººº on Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

ººº wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:25 pm I guess to avoid bad press and cancellation (they're a commercial enterprise after all), even regulations.

Well, I'm now starting to believe that "Sydney" was released to the public on a temporary basis on purpose, and the PR generated from doing so was to gauge the public's reaction to it. There is no such thing as "bad press" after all, if anything it appears this may be what MS wanted. I was at first a little bit apprehensive they might've been spooked by it like Character.AI was, but they may just be wanting to test the waters and refine it a bit, some user agreements (or a future paywall) like some have mentioned would also help avoid any legal trouble.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised:

I would pay for a premium service with those features, and many developers have said personal assistants tailored to users specifications as a stated goal. A truly convincing A.I. personal assistant with voice input/integration (maybe even customizable avatars which displays emotion) is the Cyberpunk level tech I've been waiting for. :D
raklian

Post by raklian »

I'm not sure whether to laugh or feel disturbed.

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
ººº

Post by ººº »

I think it should work like Akinator.
peekpok

Post by peekpok »

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:18 am Even BingChat thinks Cleverbot is annoyingly bad
This is hilarious. I've had conversations exactly like that with crap chatbots.