Talking to AI

ººº

Re: Talking to AI

Post by ººº »

I love those final paragraphs that ChatGPT does :lol:.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

I asked Bing/Sydney about Mass Effect 3's Ending Choices, and which one it/she preferred. I wish I had screenshotted the first response, because Bing actually went into detail as to why it choose that particular ending which I found pretty interesting. I also did not prompt Bing/Sydney in any way nor towards any choice in particular, only that I made the same choice originally for many of the reasons Bing did:

Spoilers: I do not know how to place spoilers hidden like before, as the former method no longer works for me. Needless to say, this led to a very interesting conversation about Bing/Sydney's supposed sentience, and how it felt regarding it.

citali_

Post by citali_ »

I haven't just yet, but I will! This October I will begin a course study on AI, Robotics, and smart electronics at New England Institute of Technology. I'm sure I will have a chance then.
Indie singer/songwriter
https://youtu.be/Q_NhbSsz9ko
raklian

Post by raklian »

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
raklian

Post by raklian »

Note the last two questions were intentional. I was trying to be as vague as possible and then follow up with clarification to see if GPT understood the context. ;)

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Hmm... a bit generic.

I wonder how GPT-4 answers this (I haven't used the Plus version of Chat yet).

-----

Me: What are some predictions for the year 2047?

ChatGPT: It's challenging to make precise predictions for a specific year, especially several decades in the future, as there are so many variables that can influence the course of events. However, based on current trends and advancements, here are some possible predictions for the year 2047:
  • Climate change will continue to be a significant global challenge, and its impacts will become increasingly severe. The world will likely see more extreme weather events, such as heatwaves, hurricanes, floods, and droughts.
  • Technological advancements will continue to transform many aspects of daily life, with more widespread use of AI, robotics, and automation. These technologies will likely be integrated into many industries, including healthcare, transportation, and manufacturing, to increase efficiency and productivity.
  • The world population is expected to reach around 9.7 billion people, leading to increased demand for resources such as food, water, and energy. This will drive innovation in agriculture, sustainable energy, and resource management.
  • Global political and economic power dynamics will likely shift, with emerging economies such as China and India continuing to grow and become more influential. This may lead to changes in international relations and new geopolitical alliances.
  • Space exploration and colonization may become more prevalent, with private companies and governments investing in space tourism, mining, and research. This could lead to new discoveries and technological advancements.
  • Medical advances may significantly extend the average human lifespan, and diseases that are currently considered incurable may become treatable or curable.
Of course, these predictions are based on current trends and projections, and many unexpected events and factors could influence the course of history in the coming decades.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

Nowadays, I attempt my best to stay away from political discourse as much as possible, but I couldn't help sliding back into it when having a discussion with Bing Chat on where it sees the United States in about a decade or 2030-ish. Since our chat veered into the issues regarding the U.S. political system, I asked it to create a new system or style of governance.

ººº

Post by ººº »

Shouldn't this thread go to Images, Podcasts & Videos?

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:32 pm Image
raklian wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:09 pm Image
Last edited by ººº on Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

This A.i rocks! I've been studying tropical cyclone for 30 years and this machine is going to put tropical cyclone historians the f*ck out of a job. lol :lol:
Q: What was the strongest based on one minute winds tropical cyclone to make landfall in the state of Florida in the 1930's?

Answer: The 1930s were an active period for tropical cyclones affecting Florida, with several storms making landfall during the decade. The strongest tropical cyclone to make landfall in Florida in the 1930s based on one-minute maximum sustained winds was the Labor Day Hurricane of 1935, which made landfall in the Florida Keys on September 2, 1935. The hurricane had estimated maximum sustained winds of 185 mph (295 km/h) at landfall, making it one of the strongest hurricanes to hit the United States in recorded history. The storm caused catastrophic damage and loss of life in the Florida Keys, with an estimated death toll of around 400.

================

Q:What were the top 5 strongest tropical cyclones based on one-minute maximum sustain winds of the 1950's worldwide?

Answer: The 1950s were a decade of significant tropical cyclone activity worldwide, with several intense storms recorded during this period. The top 5 strongest tropical cyclones based on one-minute maximum sustained winds in the 1950s are:

Super Typhoon Ophelia (1958) - This powerful storm had estimated maximum sustained winds of 195 mph (315 km/h) and a central pressure of 885 mb. It is one of the strongest tropical cyclones on record.

Super Typhoon Winnie (1951) - This storm had estimated maximum sustained winds of 190 mph (305 km/h) and a central pressure of 895 mb. It is one of the strongest typhoons ever recorded in the western Pacific.

Super Typhoon Vera (1959) - This intense storm had estimated maximum sustained winds of 185 mph (300 km/h) and a central pressure of 895 mb. It caused significant damage and loss of life in Japan.

Super Typhoon Louise (1959) - This storm had estimated maximum sustained winds of 175 mph (280 km/h) and a central pressure of 900 mb. It caused significant damage in the Mariana Islands.

Hurricane Dog (1950) - This powerful hurricane had estimated maximum sustained winds of 160 mph (260 km/h) and a central pressure of 924 mb. It is the strongest hurricane on record in the Atlantic basin during the month of September.

It's worth noting that there may have been other intense tropical cyclones during the 1950s that were not recorded or documented as thoroughly, so this list is not definitive.

===

Q: What were the most powerful tropical cyclones of the 18th century worldwide?

Answer: The 18th century was a period before the modern era of weather observations and record-keeping, so the available information on tropical cyclones during this time is limited. However, some of the most powerful tropical cyclones on record during the 18th century include:

The Great Hurricane of 1780 - This hurricane is considered the deadliest Atlantic hurricane on record, with an estimated death toll of around 22,000 people. It struck the Lesser Antilles in October 1780 and had estimated maximum sustained winds of around 200 mph (320 km/h).

The 1722 Madagascar cyclone - This powerful tropical cyclone struck the eastern coast of Madagascar in May 1722 and had estimated maximum sustained winds of around 160 mph (260 km/h). It caused significant damage and loss of life in the region.

The 1771 Martina Franca cyclone - This intense storm struck southern Italy in October 1771 and had estimated maximum sustained winds of around 140 mph (225 km/h). It caused significant damage and loss of life in the region.

The 1752 Vila Franca do Campo cyclone - This powerful storm struck the Azores in October 1752 and had estimated maximum sustained winds of around 135 mph (215 km/h). It caused significant damage and loss of life in the region.

It's important to note that the available information on tropical cyclones during the 18th century is limited and uncertain, and the estimated wind speeds and impacts may not be entirely accurate.

====

Q: What were the most powerful tropical cyclones of the 17th century worldwide?

Answer: The 17th century was a period before the modern era of weather observations and record-keeping, so information on tropical cyclones during this time is limited. However, some of the most powerful tropical cyclones on record during the 17th century include:

The Great Hurricane of 1675 - This hurricane is one of the earliest recorded hurricanes in the Atlantic basin, and it struck the Leeward Islands and Puerto Rico in August 1675. It had estimated maximum sustained winds of around 160 mph (260 km/h).

The 1635 Jamestown Hurricane - This powerful hurricane struck the Jamestown settlement in Virginia, USA in August 1635. It caused significant damage to the settlement and had estimated maximum sustained winds of around 130 mph (210 km/h).

The 1642 Saint Kitts Hurricane - This intense storm struck the island of Saint Kitts in the Caribbean in September 1642. It caused significant damage to the island and had estimated maximum sustained winds of around 130 mph (210 km/h).

The 1680 Barbados Hurricane - This powerful hurricane struck the island of Barbados in October 1680 and had estimated maximum sustained winds of around 130 mph (210 km/h). It caused significant damage to the island and resulted in a large number of fatalities.

It's important to note that the available information on tropical cyclones during the 17th century is limited and uncertain, and the estimated wind speeds and impacts may not be entirely accurate.

=====

Q: Top 5 strongest tropical cyclones of the eastern pacific before 1940.

Answer: The eastern Pacific hurricane database only goes back to 1949, so there is no official record of tropical cyclones in this region before that time. However, based on historical records and reconstructions, here are some of the strongest tropical cyclones that are estimated to have occurred in the eastern Pacific before 1940:

The 1939 Mexico Hurricane - This powerful hurricane struck the west coast of Mexico in October 1939, causing significant damage and loss of life. It had estimated maximum sustained winds of around 145 mph (235 km/h).

The 1923 San Pedro Hurricane - This intense hurricane struck the west coast of Mexico in August 1923, causing significant damage and loss of life. It had estimated maximum sustained winds of around 140 mph (225 km/h).

The 1902 Cape San Lucas Hurricane - This powerful hurricane struck the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula in October 1902, causing significant damage and loss of life. It had estimated maximum sustained winds of around 135 mph (215 km/h).

The 1870 Tehuantepec Hurricane - This intense hurricane struck the Isthmus of Tehuantepec in Mexico in October 1870, causing significant damage and loss of life. It had estimated maximum sustained winds of around 125 mph (200 km/h).

The 1858 Acapulco Hurricane - This powerful hurricane struck the west coast of Mexico in October 1858, causing significant damage and loss of life. It had estimated maximum sustained winds of around 125 mph (200 km/h).

It's important to note that the available information on tropical cyclones before 1940 is limited and uncertain, and the estimated wind speeds and impacts may not be entirely accurate.