Talking to AI

Powers

Re: Talking to AI

Post by Powers »

I logged.

Edit: Works surprisingly well, will try Bing later. Is Bard ready?
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

caltrek: Can the thirty years war be thought of as an example of total war?

Ask Bing response: The Thirty Years War was a complex and protracted conflict between many different parties (1). It has been examined by focusing on three aspects identified in the ‘classic’ definition of ‘total war’: total mobilization, the complete destruction of the enemy’s resistance and way of life, and the erosion of boundaries between soldiers and civilians (2). However, according to one source, it does not satisfy the three standard criteria for a total war (2). Would you like more information on this topic?

1. blogs.icrc.org https://blogs.icrc.org/law-and-policy/2 ... dern-war/
2. academic.oup.com https://academic.oup.com/liverpool-sch ... =fulltext
3. cbc.ca https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/russia ... s-1.68633
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
toromash

Post by toromash »

Xyls wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:19 am So just tried our "super-intelligent" ChatGPT for the first time. Let's just say.... I wasn't impressed... A very glorified search engine if you ask me...

AI
Hi! How can I help you?

You
how do you think One Piece will end
AI

As an AI, I don't have the ability to predict the future, but I can tell you that One Piece series creator Eiichiro Oda has stated that the series is approximately 80% complete. However, how the story will end remains a mystery. There have been many theories and speculations circulating among fans, but we'll just have to wait and see how the story unfolds in the upcoming chapters and episodes.

You
That wasn't my question
AI

I apologize if I misunderstood your question. Since I do not have the ability to predict the future, I cannot provide a definitive answer to your question. However, One Piece creator Eiichiro Oda has previously stated in interviews that he has the ending of the series planned out, and that it will be something that satisfies both himself and the fans. So, we'll just have to wait and see how Oda chooses to conclude the series.

You
Right, but how do YOU think it will end?
AI

As an AI language model, I do not have my own personal beliefs or opinions. I just analyze the information available to me and try to provide helpful and informative responses. Honestly, the way One Piece will end is a mystery that only its creator Eiichiro Oda knows for sure. However, many fans have speculated that the series will end with a final epic battle, where Luffy and his crew will face their enemies and accomplish their ultimate goal of finding the One Piece treasure.

You
And if you were Eiichiro Oda how would you end it?
AI

As an AI language model, I do not have personal preferences or opinions, so I cannot provide an answer to that question. However, I believe that Eiichiro Oda, as the creator of One Piece, has a unique and creative vision for the series finale that will satisfy the fans and conclude the story in a meaningful way.

You
Do you think you are intelligent?
AI

As an AI language model, I am programmed to provide helpful and informative responses to your questions, but I do not possess intelligence in the sense that humans do. I am a machine learning model that processes information based on patterns and algorithms. While I can perform many tasks efficiently and accurately, I do not have emotions, consciousness, or the ability to think for myself.
I'm not impressed either by ChatGPT, especially when i see these basic conversations posted here from ChatGPT, but you are asking the questions to it the wrong way, resulting in the default answer. Here is a way to navigate around it, and there are many tools you can use to avoid those types of answers from ChatGPT:

Me: How would you expect One Pierce to end given what has occurred up to now (the last date you have been trained on). Just provide the most likely end?

GPT3.5: The story has been known for its unpredictable plot twists, and the creator, Eiichiro Oda, has kept a tight lid on the ending. However, based on the information available up until September 2021, there are a few general expectations for the eventual ending of "One Piece." It is widely believed that the series will conclude with the discovery of the "One Piece" treasure and the fulfillment of protagonist Monkey D. Luffy's dream of becoming the Pirate King. Luffy and his Straw Hat Pirates are likely to face numerous powerful enemies and engage in epic battles along the way. Additionally, the significance and true nature of the world government, the mysteries surrounding the Void Century, and the ancient weapons are expected to be revealed, tying together many of the story's overarching plotlines.

Dont really know if it gives a truthful output, as i am unfamiliar with the manga.
toromash

Post by toromash »

This is one of the reasons why technological unemployment as a result of LLM in the short term is pure fantasy. You have to be really precise in the inputs you provide it to give any meaningful answers, unless you just want a summary from a random book. As it gets more complicated, it becomes less likely that it provides anything that can be used, blocking the technology from being adopted by firms to replace humans.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

wjfox: Are carbon fiber and titanium considered a good choice of materials for a small (<7m) submersible going to depths of 3,800 metres below the sea?

GPT-4: When designing a submersible intended for deep-sea exploration, the main challenges are pressure, corrosion, weight, and manufacturability. Here is a brief review of carbon fiber and titanium concerning these aspects:

1. Pressure: The most critical concern for deep-sea vessels is the ability to withstand enormous pressure. At a depth of 3,800 metres, the pressure is approximately 380 atmospheres, or about 3750 tonnes per square meter. Both titanium and carbon fiber composites have high strength-to-weight ratios. However, the failure mode for carbon fiber tends to be sudden and catastrophic, which is a significant risk for submersibles. Titanium, on the other hand, has better elongation properties and tolerates deformation, making it a safer choice for this application.

2. Corrosion: Saltwater is highly corrosive. Titanium is exceptionally resistant to corrosion, even in harsh sea environments. On the other hand, carbon fiber composites can be susceptible to water ingress over time, potentially leading to a degradation of the composite material, especially if the protective coatings are damaged.

3. Weight: Both carbon fiber and titanium are lightweight compared to traditional submarine materials like steel. Carbon fiber is lighter than titanium, but this advantage may be negated by the need for additional material or coatings to compensate for the pressure and corrosion concerns.

4. Manufacturability: Titanium is more challenging to work with than traditional materials due to its hardness and high melting point. Carbon fiber is flexible before curing, but the process to make it into complex shapes can be time-consuming and costly. Both materials require specialized knowledge to manufacture, which can add to the production costs.

In conclusion, while both carbon fiber and titanium have certain advantages, their use in a submersible capable of withstanding the pressures at 3,800 metres is not straightforward. Titanium seems a safer and more reliable option due to its ability to resist pressure and its superior corrosion resistance, despite being slightly heavier and more difficult to work with. Ultimately, the choice of material will depend on the specific design, budget, and safety requirements of the submersible.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

wjfox: Describe what would happen to the human body in the event of a sudden and catastrophic implosion of a small (<7m) submersible at that depth. How quickly would death likely occur?

GPT-4: At the depth of 3,800 meters, the pressure is approximately 380 times atmospheric pressure. In the event of a sudden and catastrophic implosion of a submersible at such depth, the outcome for any human occupants would be instantaneous death.

Here's a broad description of what would occur:

1. Pressure Change: The sudden implosion would lead to an immediate and severe pressure change. The human body, which is mostly composed of incompressible water, would be subjected to this rapid change, leading to severe tissue damage.

2. Implosion Shockwave: The implosion would generate a powerful shockwave, a violent compression wave moving faster than the speed of sound in water. This shockwave would cause catastrophic physical trauma to the body, essentially disintegrating it.

3. Water Rush: The sudden inrush of cold sea water would also cause trauma, but considering the above points, it would be a minor factor.

So, the death would be instantaneous and probably faster than the nervous system's ability to perceive it. This is not a pleasant topic to discuss, but it emphasizes the extreme care that must be taken in designing and operating deep-sea submersibles to ensure the safety of the occupants.
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

https://toolbaz.com/writer/ai-text-generator

Prompt: Explain in detail how to create respirocytes

Response: Respirocytes are artificial blood cells created to transport oxygen and carbon dioxide throughout the human body. They are composed of a spherical shell of bonded carbon atoms containing an internal chamber. The internal chamber is filled with hemoglobin, which is the oxygen-carrying molecule found in red blood cells. The respirocyte is designed to enter a patient's bloodstream, attach to oxygen molecules, and transport them to areas of low oxygen levels in the body. In addition, the respirocyte can collect carbon dioxide from the body and release it into the lungs. The respirocytes are created in a laboratory setting by using a process called nanotechnology. This process involves the manipulation of molecules and atoms at a microscopic level. First, scientists use a technique called lithography to create the carbon shell of the respirocyte. This process involves depositing a thin layer of carbon atoms onto a silicon wafer in a specific pattern. After the carbon shell is created, the hemoglobin is then injected into the chamber. Once the respirocytes are complete, they are ready to be used in the body. In order to use respirocytes, they must be injected directly into the bloodstream. After being injected, the respirocytes will naturally attach to oxygen molecules and travel throughout the body. As the respirocytes travel, they will collect oxygen from areas of low oxygen levels and release it into the bloodstream. In addition, the respirocytes will collect carbon dioxide from the body and release it into the lungs. The respirocytes will then travel back to the lungs and release more oxygen into the bloodstream. This process will continue until the respirocytes are depleted or removed from the body.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Powers

Post by Powers »

Mood.