First AI-powered "robot" lawyer will represent defendant in court next month

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

A "robot" lawyer powered by artificial intelligence will be the first of its kind to help a defendant fight a traffic ticket in court next month.

Joshua Browder, CEO of DoNotPay, said the company's AI-creation runs on a smartphone, listens to court arguments and formulates responses for the defendant. The AI lawyer tells the defendant what to say in real-time, through headphones.

The robot lawyer will take its first case on February 22, Browder announced on Twitter last week.

"On February 22nd at 1.30PM, history will be made. For the first time ever, a robot will represent someone in a US courtroom. DoNotPay A.I will whisper in someone's ear exactly what to say. We will release the results and share more after it happens. Wish us luck!" he tweeted.

He did not disclose the name of the client or the court.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Jakob

Re: First AI-powered "robot" lawyer will represent defendant in court next month

Post by Jakob »

Given my experience with ChatGPT, I'd expect it to suggest things that are coherent and seem reasonable on the surface, but aren't actually good ideas in reality.
caltrek

Re: First AI-powered "robot" lawyer will represent defendant in court next month

Post by caltrek »

^^^Much like overworked defense attorneys :D
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

It got shifted from original presentation date. Not like the dude would be at a loss anytime soon since he seems to have at least a loose relation with Warren Buffet who has quite the media company investments. When this starts being a thing like ChatGPT its going to change quite a bit of things nevermind making court proceedings a little awkward.