David Guetta says the future of music is in AI

funkervogt

David Guetta says the future of music is in AI

Post by funkervogt »

Chart-topping DJ David Guetta has said "the future of music is in AI" after he used the technology to add a vocal in the style of Eminem to a recent song.

The DJ used two artificial intelligence sites to create lyrics and a rap in the style of the US star for a live show.

The French producer has said he will not release the track commercially.

But he said he thinks musicians will use AI as a tool to create new sounds in the future, because "every new music style comes from a new technology".
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-64624525
Yuli Ban

Re: David Guetta says the future of music is in AI

Post by Yuli Ban »

I completely agree. It's going to be a massively important tool going forward. I for one eagerly await the day I can generate music in styles I've never even heard before outside of a few short snippets of songs. I've been eagerly awaiting synthetic music for a decade now, if not a bit longer.

Those who think AI is going to replace music forever are just as short-sighted as those who think AI can be banned and forgotten forever. Way too many people, especially on /r/Futurology and /r/Singularity, as well as anti-AI art Luddites, seem to think that AI is going to be the end of human creativity, that as soon as this technology is available, literally everyone is going to immediately transition into doing nothing but using synthetic media. Which is so bizarrely schizophrenic of an idea that I can't help but wonder if some people are literally putting their actual identities into the promise of AI to the point they've lost any touch with reality. How can you look at things like anti-GMO consumers, die-hard vinyl and CD listeners, fanatics for physical books and live theatre, and the entire artisanal economy, and possibly think that even an ASI would end human artistry?
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
ººº

Post by ººº »

Yuli Ban wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:38 pm I completely agree. It's going to be a massively important tool going forward. I for one eagerly await the day I can generate music in styles I've never even heard before outside of a few short snippets of songs. I've been eagerly awaiting synthetic music for a decade now, if not a bit longer.
https://www.orionsarm.com/eg-article/4b5136d212684
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

Yuli Ban wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:38 pm How can you look at things like anti-GMO consumers, die-hard vinyl and CD listeners, fanatics for physical books and live theatre, and the entire artisanal economy, and possibly think that even an ASI would end human artistry?
Well, in the cases of these examples, they are no longer in the "mainstream" or dominant as they once were, which gives people the impression that they are "dead" altogether. I guess you can say we'll just have a whole new counter-culture based around human only music or creative works. The Orion's Arm website went into detail on theoretical "low-tech" societies which sprang up from people opting out of rapid advancement: https://www.orionsarm.com/eg-article/4770412300d94
ººº

Post by ººº »

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:24 pm
Yuli Ban wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:38 pm How can you look at things like anti-GMO consumers, die-hard vinyl and CD listeners, fanatics for physical books and live theatre, and the entire artisanal economy, and possibly think that even an ASI would end human artistry?
Well, in the cases of these examples, they are no longer in the "mainstream" or dominant as they once were, which gives people the impression that they are "dead" altogether.
Not to forget to distinguish between the West and the rest of the world. There must still be some/many places where computers and telephones aren't commonplace in households.