Inflection AI

wjfox
Site Admin

Inflection AI

Post by wjfox »

Inflection AI, The Year-Old Startup Behind Chatbot Pi, Raises $1.3 Billion

Jun 29, 2023, 09:00am EDT

Backed by Microsoft, Nvidia and billionaires Reid Hoffman, Bill Gates and Eric Schmidt, the startup led by ex-DeepMind leader Mustafa Suleyman is valued at $4 billion — and claims to have the world’s best AI hardware setup.

Less than two months after the launch of their first chatbot Pi, artificial intelligence startup Inflection AI and CEO Mustafa Suleyman have raised $1.3 billion in new funding.

Microsoft, Nvidia and three of tech’s most influential billionaires led the investment in the Palo Alto-based startup launched in early 2022. LinkedIn cofounder Reid Hoffman, Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates and former Google CEO Eric Schmidt all personally invested, with Nvidia the sole new investor among the group.

The new funding values Inflection at $4 billion, according to a source with knowledge of the transaction. Inflection said the company and Suleyman remained majority shareholders and declined further comment.

In an interview, Suleyman said that the group of mostly insiders proposed the additional investment after Inflection was “overwhelmed with offers” following the launch of Pi, its conversational chatbot launched in May. “I think people can see that it’s just the tip of the iceberg,” Suleyman told Forbes. “There’s so much further to go after [Pi] validates the core thesis, which is that conversation is the new interface.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkonrad ... hatbot-pi/
Cyber_Rebel

Re: Inflection AI

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

Inflection AI Develops Supercomputer Equipped With 22,000 NVIDIA H100 AI GPUs

(wccftech)
Inflection AI, an AI startup company, has built a cutting-edge supercomputer equipped with 22,000 NVIDIA H100 GPUs, which is a phenomenal number and brings enormous computing performance onboard.

Inflection AI's Supercomputer Expected to Be One Of The Largest In the Industry, Right Behind AMD's Frontier
For those unfamiliar with Inflection AI, it is a business that aims at creating "personal AI for everyone." The company is widely known for its recently introduced Inflection-1 AI model, which powers the Pi chatbot. Although the AI model hasn't yet reached the level of ChatGPT or Google's LaMDA models, reports suggest that Inflection-1 performs well on "common sense" tasks, making it much more suitable for applications such as personal assistance.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

Inflection AI's Mustafa Suleyman tells OpenAI staff 'come run with us' after 'utterly insane' weekend

(BusinessInsider)
The cofounder of Inflection AI weighed in on the "utterly insane" weekend experienced by its rival OpenAI and told workers to "come run with us."

Mustafa Suleyman, who's also CEO, took to X on Monday, offering his sympathy to "everyone involved" and using the opportunity to trumpet his AI startup's progress.

"In the meantime, we finished training Inflection-2 last night! It's now the 2nd best LLM in the world ... & we're scaling MUCH further," Suleyman said in an X post. "Details v soon. Come run with us!"
spryfusion

Post by spryfusion »

firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

That was unexpected.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

I'm reading his book at the moment – "The Coming Wave". Probably the best future-related book since Kurzweil's TSIN.

Suleyman seems like a good guy and has been at the forefront of AI alignment/safety.

firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

I wonder if Bing's gonna become more censored lmao
Powers

Post by Powers »

firestar464 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:22 pm I wonder if Bing's gonna become more censored lmao
Isn't it already? If you mean more then not soon.
Tadasuke

regarding Microsoft AI, the new CEO and their search engine

Post by Tadasuke »

For me, using "-" when searching something in Bing (to exclude certain words) used to work (i.e. 5 years ago), but it hasn't worked in the last 2-3 years or so.

Bing Images constantly recommends me something completely unrelated to my interests and it is very inconvenient to find something quickly in Bing or Google (or DuckDuckGo or Yahoo or Startpage). The results are not what I mean, want or need and it is very frustrating. Moreover, results which used to appear years ago don't appear these days, even though they often still exist.

I really hope it changes for the better and the new CEO of Microsoft AI (Mustafa Suleyman) will be directing it all in a good, considerate, contributive and supportive direction.

It would be nice if the so called AI started being more helpful in everyday situations while using Windows 11, Microsoft Edge or other Microsoft software.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

It's worked just fine for "everyday situations" for me. Like I asked previously, what are your usecases?