Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) News and Discussions

Cyber_Rebel

Re: Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) News and Discussions

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

Guess who's back!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I'm usually the wide-eyed optimist when it comes to AI on this forum, but... I kind of doubt these claims, no offense to Blake Lemoine on a personal level. If Google had something like this then what would be the point of Gemini? Someone should've asked him that question, because it shouldn't be too difficult to release a weaker version of whatever he's describing either. Don't even get me started on Bard.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:31 am Guess who's back!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I'm usually the wide-eyed optimist when it comes to AI on this forum, but... I kind of doubt these claims, no offense to Blake Lemoine on a personal level. If Google had something like this then what would be the point of Gemini? Someone should've asked him that question, because it shouldn't be too difficult to release a weaker version of whatever he's describing either. Don't even get me started on Bard.
IMHO at least we know that he isn't holding these beliefs because "it talks!" You also raise good points though
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

firestar464 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:11 pm
IMHO at least we know that he isn't holding these beliefs because "it talks!" You also raise good points though
Powers

Post by Powers »

Buy Plus to get infinite rolls
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

Google Gemini has just been released and is likely the new closest AI to AGI

its nearly 3am where I live so I am not going to look into it I am sure details will be summarized soon.

https://blog.google/technology/ai/googl ... ing-gemini
spryfusion

Post by spryfusion »

weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

First supercomputer capable of equaling the synaptic operations of the human brain being built
The neuromorphic supercomputer will manage 228 trillion synaptic operations per second, which is on par with the estimated number of operations in the human brain.

The world's first supercomputer capable of simulating networks at the scale of the human brain has been announced by researchers at the International Centre for Neuromorphic Systems (ICNS) at Western Sydney University.

DeepSouth uses a neuromorphic system which mimics biological processes, using hardware to efficiently emulate large networks of spiking neurons at 228 trillion synaptic operations per second - rivalling the estimated rate of operations in the human brain.

-snip

This platform will progress our understanding of the brain and develop brain-scale computing applications in diverse fields including sensing, biomedical, robotics, space, and large-scale AI applications.”

-snip-

The supercomputer is aptly named DeepSouth, paying homage to IBM's TrueNorth system, which initiated efforts to build machines simulating large networks of spiking neurons, and Deep Blue, which was the first computer to become a world chess champion. The name is also a nod to its geographical location.
more here: https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/newsce ... university
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

weatheriscool wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:33 pm
First supercomputer capable of equaling the synaptic operations of the human brain being built
The neuromorphic supercomputer will manage 228 trillion synaptic operations per second, which is on par with the estimated number of operations in the human brain.

The world's first supercomputer capable of simulating networks at the scale of the human brain has been announced by researchers at the International Centre for Neuromorphic Systems (ICNS) at Western Sydney University.

DeepSouth uses a neuromorphic system which mimics biological processes, using hardware to efficiently emulate large networks of spiking neurons at 228 trillion synaptic operations per second - rivalling the estimated rate of operations in the human brain.

-snip

This platform will progress our understanding of the brain and develop brain-scale computing applications in diverse fields including sensing, biomedical, robotics, space, and large-scale AI applications.”

-snip-

The supercomputer is aptly named DeepSouth, paying homage to IBM's TrueNorth system, which initiated efforts to build machines simulating large networks of spiking neurons, and Deep Blue, which was the first computer to become a world chess champion. The name is also a nod to its geographical location.
more here: https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/newsce ... university
This is slightly overhyped (I'll be doing a blog on it), but a decent advance in neuromorphic computing. True "brain-scale" is probably 2025-26.