Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) News and Discussions

Vakanai

Re: Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) News and Discussions

Post by Vakanai »

Yuli Ban wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:16 am
Tweet's unavailable, page does not exist - might've been deleted?
eacao

Post by eacao »

SecureBERT

Using language models in system security. Monitoring system log files to detect anomalies and discover vulnerabilities.

https://aclanthology.org/2022.alta-1.19.pdf

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2204.02685.pdf

I suspect we're not far off from having a dedicated 'sheriff' APU on consumer electronics. A lightweight language model might stand sentry, watching for odd code or activity while the user goes about his business.

Apple products have T2 chips inbuilt for handling biometrics and the neural engine to handle AI workloads. Perhaps the Macbook Pro 2026 will come with a dedicated System Security chip.

"You don't decide your future. You decide your habits, and your habits decide your future",
"Nearly all men can endure adversity. If you want to test a man's character, give him power",
"If you're going through Hell, keep going".
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

eacao wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:35 pm SecureBERT

Using language models in system security. Monitoring system log files to detect anomalies and discover vulnerabilities.

https://aclanthology.org/2022.alta-1.19.pdf

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2204.02685.pdf

I suspect we're not far off from having a dedicated 'sheriff' APU on consumer electronics. A lightweight language model might stand sentry, watching for odd code or activity while the user goes about his business.

Apple products have T2 chips inbuilt for handling biometrics and the neural engine to handle AI workloads. Perhaps the Macbook Pro 2026 will come with a dedicated System Security chip.

AutoGPT which is probably helped by electric vehicles hence the cheesy name and its primitive AGI are also quite the impressive stuff. Yep... almost every tech it seems in 1st gen at least powers something so the cars with AutoGPT is nice touch. Probably a cool name as well for Augmented Reality and VR stuff too for example.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

After internal 'panic', Google is rushing to unveil a new AI-powered search engine to compete with Microsoft Bing, report says
Bethany Biron
https://www.businessinsider.com/google- ... reddit.com

Google is planning a new AI-powered search engine to compete with ChatGPT and Bing, the NYT reported.
The company also is adding new features like increased personalization to its current platform.
The company has been in a state of widespread "panic," per an internal email reviewed by the Times.

Google is scrambling to release a new search engine as the artificial intelligence arms race continues to heat up, according to a report Sunday from the New York Times.

The tech giant is in the process of creating an AI-powered search engine
, as well as updating technology within its existing platform, after hearing that Samsung could make Microsoft Bing the default program on its devices, per the Times.
Last edited by weatheriscool on Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Powers

Post by Powers »

weatheriscool wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:12 pm After internal 'panic', Google is rushing to unveil a new AI-powered search engine to compete with Microsoft Bing, report says
Bethany Biron
https://www.businessinsider.com/google- ... reddit.com

Google is planning a new AI-powered search engine to compete with ChatGPT and Bing, the NYT reported.
The company also is adding new features like increased personalization to its current platform.
The company has been in a state of widespread "panic," per an internal email reviewed by the Times.

Insider recommends waking up with Morning Brew Logo Morning Brew, a daily newsletter.
Email address
Google is scrambling to release a new search engine as the artificial intelligence arms race continues to heat up, according to a report Sunday from the New York Times.

The tech giant is in the process of creating an AI-powered search engine, as well as updating technology within its existing platform, after hearing that Samsung could make Microsoft Bing the default program on its devices, per the Times.
The end of an epoch.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

TruthGPT sounds oddly similar to Truth Social. Am I to assume then, that this particular A.I. will be completely unfiltered? Given Musk's so called "fear" of A.I. development though, you'd think he'd work on developing the most ethically trained model there is.

I'd truly like to believe that it will be a scientifically inclined model which masters the scientific method to greatly enhance our understanding of the universe. It's just difficult to believe with how Musk tends to be these days, but I hope that I'm proven wrong.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Adobe Promises Easier Video and Audio Editing With Firefly AI
Adobe is expanding its new Firefly AI to include more video and audio features before it's even released.
By Ryan Whitwam April 18, 2023

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/a ... firefly-ai
Adobe is diving head first into the world of generative AI—it's certainly not alone, with companies like Google, Microsoft, and Facebook also hopping on the artificial intelligence hype train. However, Adobe is moving at a breakneck pace. After announcing its Firefly generative AI editing tools several weeks ago, Adobe is already preparing for a significant expansion of Firefly's capabilities. The new features focus on Adobe's audio and video applications, and it promises you can use its AI without fear of copyright infringement.
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

weatheriscool wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:35 pm
Somehow I doubt the "truth" it's supposed to seek out will be anything but - I suspect it will be trained to support/confirm Elon's conservative bias.