Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) News and Discussions

weatheriscool

Re: Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) News and Discussions

Post by weatheriscool »

weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Snapchat’s AI chatbot is now free for all global users, says the AI will later ‘Snap’ you back
Sarah Perez@sarahintampa / 11:00 AM PDT•April 19, 2023
snapchat-my-ai-3
https://techcrunch.com/2023/04/19/snapc ... GioWMQHvhb
Snapchat’s AI chatbot is now opening up to a global audience, the company announced today at its Snap Partner Summit. Initially launched in February, the feature originally allowed Snapchat’s paid subscribers to chat with an AI chatbot powered by OpenAI’s GPT technology directly in its app. Now it will be available for free. To date, users have sent nearly 2 million messages per day using the chatbot, Snap noted. With today’s global expansion, the feature is also being upgraded with new functionality, including the ability to add My AI to group chats, get recommendations for places on Snap Map and Lenses, and share Snaps with My AI and receive chat replies.

Later, My AI will be able to respond with unique “generative” Snaps back, instead of just chat replies, the company also said, to keep the visual conversation going.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

FuturismFan

Post by FuturismFan »

I just want to say great job to Future Timeline for predicting ChatGPT and similar AI before they existed.

https://www.futuretimeline.net/21stcent ... 1.htm#web4
Semantic analysing programs, having evolved into stronger AI, now perform a huge range of automated tasks for business, government and consumers. Running on massively parallel networks, these applications hunt for textual and visual data – combining the most subtle capabilities of humans (such as pattern recognition) with ways in which machines are already vastly superior (such as speed and memory).

In addition to serving as highly advanced search engines, they are playing a major function in the real world – gathering information from the array of sensors, cameras and other tracking devices now present in the environment, on vehicles, and even on people themselves.
This website is very accurate when it comes to future predictions. :)
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Google’s Bard AI chatbot can now help you code and create functions for Google Sheets / Bard can now generate code, debug existing code, and help explain lines of code.
https://www.theverge.com/2023/4/21/2369 ... gle-sheets
By Tom Warren / @tomwarren
Apr 21, 2023, 6:37 AM PDT|
Google is updating its Bard AI chatbot to help developers write and debug code. Rivals like ChatGPT and Bing AI have supported code generation, but Google says it has been “one of the top requests” it has received since opening up access to Bard last month.

Bard can now generate code, debug existing code, help explain lines of code, and even write functions for Google Sheets. “We’re launching these capabilities in more than 20 programming languages including C++, Go, Java, Javascript, Python and Typescript,” explains Paige Bailey, group product manager for Google Research, in a blog post.

You can ask Bard to explain code snippets or explain code within GitHub repos similar to how Microsoft-owned GitHub is implementing a ChatGPT-like assistant with Copilot. Bard will also debug code that you supply or even its own code if it made some errors or the output wasn’t what you were looking for.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Opinion letter from Ray Kurzweil on request for 6 month delay on large language models that go beyond GPT-4

April 22, 2023
by Ray Kurzweil

Regarding the Open Letter to “pause” research on AI “more powerful than GPT-4,” this criterion is too vague to be practical. And the proposal faces a serious coordination problem: those that agree to a pause may fall far behind corporations or nations that disagree. There are tremendous benefits to advancing AI in critical fields such as medicine and health, education, pursuit of renewable energy sources to replace fossil fuels, and scores of other fields. I didn’t sign, because I believe we can address the signers’ safety concerns in a more tailored way that doesn’t compromise these vital lines of research.

I participated in the Asilomar AI Principles Conference in 2017 and was actively involved in the creation of guidelines to create Artificial Intelligence in an ethical manner. So I know that safety is a critical issue. But more nuance is needed if we wish to unlock AI’s profound advantages to health and productivity while avoiding the real perils.

— Ray Kurzweil
Inventor, best-selling author, and futurist.

https://www.kurzweilai.net/opinion-lett ... yond-gpt-4
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

‘The Godfather of A.I.’ Leaves Google and Warns of Danger Ahead
For half a century, Geoffrey Hinton nurtured the technology at the heart of chatbots like ChatGPT. Now he worries it will cause serious harm.

(NYT)
Geoffrey Hinton was an artificial intelligence pioneer. In 2012, Dr. Hinton and two of his graduate students at the University of Toronto created technology that became the intellectual foundation for the A.I. systems that the tech industry’s biggest companies believe is a key to their future.

On Monday, however, he officially joined a growing chorus of critics who say those companies are racing toward danger with their aggressive campaign to create products based on generative artificial intelligence, the technology that powers popular chatbots like ChatGPT.

Dr. Hinton said he has quit his job at Google, where he has worked for more than decade and became one of the most respected voices in the field, so he can freely speak out about the risks of A.I. A part of him, he said, now regrets his life’s work.

“I console myself with the normal excuse: If I hadn’t done it, somebody else would have,” Dr. Hinton said during a lengthy interview last week in the dining room of his home in Toronto, a short walk from where he and his students made their breakthrough.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

Right now there are two publicly voted on AGI countdowns with very different expected AGI dates what one is more accurate and why?

https://www.metaculus.com/questions/347 ... cly-known/
https://www.metaculus.com/questions/512 ... elligence/
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

The question on my mind is can AGI stop the social collapse of this country into religious fundism from hell. We literally have two choices at this point in history. 1. AGI takes control and these idiots are left in the dust by it literally forcing them by the hairs of their ass to advance or 2. The idiots win out and literally ban a.i and take us back to the fucking stone age like that episode of sliders that banned tech and everyone became super religious.

There seems to be a tug of war going on in countries like America between super backwards people and god knows what.