Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) News and Discussions

Yuli Ban

Re: Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) News and Discussions

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

My reaction to
-Ending wage slavery
-Curing cancer
-Genetic enhancement that cures literally every disease and problem with the human body
-Ending death
-And then the science and advancements in exciting news.

Well, I am anything besides worried. I am fucking excited and can't fucking wait.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

In November I made a semiserious post with some sources but lacking research arguing there was a small chance of Proto AGI in 2022 December - 2023 February. The post was locked for not being in this thread and presumably for seeming like nonsense not worthy of its own thread but it turned out essentially correct with proto AGI coming out in March.
https://www.futuretimeline.net/forum/vi ... f=3&t=2666

So I would like to make another out there prediction that will likely turn out to be wrong but who knows.

GPT-5 will be released in late 2024-early 2025 (probably 2025) and be actual AGI. I put the off the top of my head odds of this being the case at about 5-20% but that is still significant given what we are talking about.

My scrambled logic boils down to
  • Claim that GPT-5 will finish training this December

• GPT-4 took 7-8 months after being trained to be released it will take longer with GPT-5 due to it being a more complex and dangerous model (edit actually if it is AGI it might not be released more so the public is made aware of it.)
  • What is really a stab in the dark is GPT-5 actually qualifying as AGI (I don't think it will but again this is just throwing shit at the wall like last time). It seems like people are making GPT-4 act autonomously with evidence it can act autonomously towards a longer-term goal. (I haven't really looked into this yet others here may know more). PaLME had the capacity to do transfer learning so that could be trained into GPT-5 (not sure if they can) or end up being an emergent property. Speaking of emergent properties, we have seen a trend of AI being able to do more than expected without people trying to give it those skills maybe GPT-5 will be able to make the leap to proper AGI in some kind of natural way.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

Is Siqi Chen a trustworthy source? AGI coinciding with a POTUS election seems like a volatile recipe.

On the other hand, perhaps it'll make next year rather moot since I highly doubt any of the tech illiterate politicians will focus that much on it. At best, there'd just be some snide remarks about preparing their speeches or stating remarks they claim came from GPT.

I understand that we really are closer than we've ever been, but it feels odd that it would be this soon. Like legit future shock.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:46 am Is Siqi Chen a trustworthy source?
Gwern is very trusted and said that the tweeter in question is well connected. He implied that Siqi had also tweeted some correct info on GPT-4 with the tweets now being deleted.

Gwern also talked about how based off when OpenAI was rumored to start training GPT-5 the December time frame does make sense.
It looks like I could have just posted about these comments and added hey imagine if it is AGI but in truth I hadn't read most of this discussion before posting I had just skimmed a comment saying GPT-4 wasn't released until 7-8 months after training.

The discussion took place here although the subreddit is private so maybe you can't see it. They let people join. I removed http from the start of the link due to complications with this post from the subreddit being private.

s://www.reddit.com/r/thisisthewayitwillbe/c ... eduled_to/
Jakob

GPT 4 will improve itself

Post by Jakob »

Showed up on my feed. Very interesting times we live in. Before 2022 I didn't expect AI to advance nearly this fast, two years ago I probably would've said that something like ChatGPT would've been invented around 2030-35.

peekpok

Post by peekpok »

weatheriscool wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:52 pm My reaction to
-Ending wage slavery
-Curing cancer
-Genetic enhancement that cures literally every disease and problem with the human body
-Ending death
-And then the science and advancements in exciting news.

Well, I am anything besides worried. I am fucking excited and can't fucking wait.
I feel that it is always rich/successful guys with a lot to lose who are afraid of AI. The rest of us peons have nowhere to go but up :lol:
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Karpathy Makes GPT from Scratch
April 4, 2023 by Brian Wang
X-Tesla AI-Lead shows how to makeGeneratively Pretrained Transformer (GPT). He followed the paper “Attention is All You Need” and OpenAI’s GPT-2 / GPT-3. He talk about connections to ChatGPT, which has taken the world by storm. We also watch GitHub Copilot, itself a GPT, help us write a GPT.

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2023/04/k ... ratch.html
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Over 1300 New AI Tools Including Codeium and LeiaPix
April 4, 2023 by Brian Wang
https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2023/04/o ... iapix.html
Futuretools.io is keeping track of the new AI tools.

Codeium

Codeium is a programming superpower that enables developers to quickly make changes to unfamiliar languages and codebases using natural language. It also helps minimize boilerplate coding, find and use APIs, and generate unit tests. It supports Python, CSS, JavaScript, Java, and Regex.

YouTube video player

YouTube video player

LeiaPix

LeiaPix Converterenables instant conversion of 2D images into beautiful 3D Lightfield images. Export to Leia Image Format, Side-By-Side 3D, Depth Map, or Lightfield Animation. Upload an image to upgrade to Lightfield.

Leia offers the largest 3D ecosystem to date, showcased by 3D Apps specially designed and built for Lume Pad 2.

LeiaPix Key Features
With LeiaPix you can share your existing 3D content from LeiaPlayer or use LeiaCam to create a new 3D memory.
Share 3D to 2D devices, the AI instantly crafts a Depth Animation so anyone can see your 3D creations.

LeiaPix Tips!
Create your LeiaPix profile and account from the App or a web browser.
Upload images, then add a caption and hashtag.
View and like photos from other creators.