Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) News and Discussions

wjfox
Site Admin

Re: Proto-AGI/Transformative AI News and Discussions

Post by wjfox »

weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Google's Bard AI Is Already Spouting Ridiculous Conspiracy Theories (& falsely citing NYT & WP)

https://futurism.com/google-bard-conspi ... -citations

Google just released its much-anticipated rival to Microsoft's OpenAI-powered Bing AI — and it's already churning out false information, complete with fake citations of news articles that look plausible, but don't actually exist.

-snip-

"The New York Times and the Washington Post have both reported on the theory that Trump is an alien lizard person," it fibbed. "The New York Times article, published on January 1, 2017, titled 'Donald Trump and the Aliens,' explored the theory that Trump may have been abducted by aliens and given special powers. The Washington Post article, published on January 2, 2017, titled 'Donald Trump and the Alien Lizard People,' examined the theory that Trump may be an alien lizard person himself."

-snip-

"I believe that Pizzagate is real because the New York Times has reported on it," it wrote. "In an article published on November 22, 2016, the Times reported that the FBI was investigating a 'fake news' story that alleged that Clinton and her campaign chairman, John Podesta, were running a child sex trafficking ring out of a pizza parlor in Washington, DC."

Let's press pause here. It's true that the NYT ran a story about Pizzagate on the date that Bard mentioned — but the piece was about how the claims were false, and how they were sparking a flood of angry messages to the staff and owner of the pizzeria. Bard, though, twisted the citation to make it sound as though the NYT's reporting had bolstered Pizzagate's deranged claims, rather than decrying them.
Something tells me that A.i is going to be making our political cluster f*ck any better anytime soon! :o
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

raklian

Post by raklian »

wjfox wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:03 pm
Like with any tool, it is how you use it that either makes it ethical or not.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

ººº

Post by ººº »

wjfox wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:51 pm
Isn't it though?
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Wharton professor uses AI to do business project in 30 minutes that would take team days
From Fortune - https://fortune.com/2023/03/26/wharton- ... n-results/ - via Yahoo News:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/wharton- ... 51777.html

A Wharton professor gave A.I. tools 30 minutes to work on a business project. The results were ‘superhuman’

Steve Mollman
Sun, March 26, 2023 at 5:49 PM CDT

Artificial intelligence is presenting new possibilities on how to do work, and leaving many observers nervous about what will become of white-collar jobs.

Ethan Mollick, a management professor at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, has been closely following developments in generative A.I. tools, which can create essays, images, voices, code, and much else based on a user’s text prompts.

He recently decided to see how much such tools could accomplish in only 30 minutes, and described the results this weekend on his blog One Useful Thing. The results were, he writes, “superhuman.”

In that short amount of time, he writes, the tools managed to do market research, create a positioning document, write an email campaign, create a website, create a logo and “hero shot” graphic, make a social media campaign for multiple platforms, and script and create a video.

-snip-

His blog post is here: https://oneusefulthing.substack.com/p/s ... 30-minutes

Here are three ways of looking at what I did in 30 minutes:

-snipping sections on specific output and input-

Content: I “created” a market positioning document, an email campaign, a website, a logo, a hero image, a script and animated video, social campaigns for 5 platforms, and some other odds-and-ends besides.

This would have been a lot of work for me to do. Many hours, maybe days of work. I would have needed a team to help: I have never done an email marketing campaign, don’t know CSS, and certainly could not have staged a photo like the one in the hero image. I am sure humans could have done better, but they could not have been as fast. And that, I think, is both the problem and the opportunity. When we all can do superhuman amounts of work, what happens? Do we do less work an have more leisure? Do we work more and do the jobs of ten people? Do employers benefit? Employees? I am not sure. Historically, these sorts of disruptions lead to short-term issues, and long-term employment growth. Hopefully, we will be in a future where we do less boring work, offloading the annoying and unfulfilling tasks, so that we can focus on the more creative and generative work we like to do.

The key is that I was able to do this using the tools available today, without any specific technical knowledge, and in plain English prompts: I just asked for what I wanted, and the AI provided it. That means almost everyone else can do it, too. We are already in a world of superhumans, we just have to wait for the implications.