Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) News and Discussions

Ozzie guy

Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) News and Discussions

Post by Ozzie guy »

For some years the more informed users of the singularity community such as starspawn0 and Yuli Ban have talked about proto or first generation AGI as far I am aware this shouldn't be confused with Human level AGI as it just first example of real general learning ability.

I feel privileged for being able to ask them questions and gain a great deal of optimism about the future as they agree that proto AGI is probably coming soon.

It's certainly a good medium term goal to track on the path to super human AGI and hopefully an amazing future.

I had reservations about dropping their names and talking about this topic however as Yuli put it they have talked about it for years and everyone interested in the topic know they are behind the discussions taking off.

I thought it would be good to have a centralised place to specificly talk about proto AGI and it's developments.
Ozzie guy

Re: Proto/first generation AGI developments and discussions

Post by Ozzie guy »

We have just taken another step towards Proto AGI starspawn0 believes "Google LaMDA" is better than GPT3 he talks about this in a short video which I don't want to share here as that may be an invasion of privacy you must join his subreddit https://www.reddit.com/r/thisisthewayitwillbe/ if you want to see it.

Here is the new AI in action

andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

It could be an idea to try to define a Proto-AGI, so we know what we are talking about.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

andmar74 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:12 am It could be an idea to try to define a Proto-AGI, so we know what we are talking about.
Proto-AGI? It's a weird topic because we have such bizarre ideas of how to categorize AI. I've heard people claim GPT-3 is still purely narrow AI just because it isn't general AI, even though neither are explicitly true.

A proto-AGI or a Zombie AGI is really an advanced conversation model that can convince people it's intelligent, with some skills in generating images and audio to boot. Imagine LaMDA fused with DALL-E and Jukebox. It's hard to say if it's a language model, an image generation model, or an audio synthesis model because it does all three and more. Heck, you could use it for arithmetic like a natural language calculator.

However, it's not quite generally capable in all fields— I wouldn't trust it with driving a car.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

Once Proto AGI has been created I am probably going to become a Minimalist and minimize work rather than trying to get somewhere in life.

For me it will be the time to crack out some epic novels and watch some tv series whist AGI gets better and better and better in the background.

I would only not become a minimalist if I am very happy working on myself and I am meeting my goals.
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

HyperCLOVA’s AI language tool has 204 billion parameters, which is more than GPT-3.

http://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20210525000824
falling-cosmos

Post by falling-cosmos »

My personal problem with real-life implementation of AGI is that human emotion and thought must be replicated in a machine *or* at least a program must be created so the machine can learn human behavior. If we create a machine with the purpose of independent thought is it really independent? It's simply serving its intended purpose. What would be truly terrifying and remarkable would be AI learning human emotion unintentionally.
Raven
They/Them
Science fantasy and alternate history nerd
Computer Science student
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

This reddit post has 56 upvotes the poster claims he/she has found evidence that GPT4 is about to be released.
The post contains a PDF made by Microsoft.

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Set and Meet Goals wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:44 pm This reddit post has 56 upvotes the poster claims he/she has found evidence that GPT4 is about to be released.
The post contains a PDF made by Microsoft.