Unidentified/Phantom Drones & UAPs

ººº

Re: Unidentified/Phantom Drones & UAPs

Post by ººº »

firestar464 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:08 pm https://apnews.com/article/united-state ... b40ce1cb5a

Aaaaaand another one...what is happening?
UFO scare?
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

Govt denies extraterrestrial activity

https://apnews.com/article/china-us-hig ... 2c7b8b04fb
erowind

Post by erowind »

3 reasonable possibilities.

Manufactured consent to keep some spectacle in the news cycles.

State actor of some kind.

Institution of some kind corporation or otherwise.

Of all the ET possibilities I find it least likely that another low-tech species would be so close that our planet would be the first one their drones/seedships encounter. If Aliens come to us it's statistically far more likely they will be advanced. If advanced aliens were visiting we wouldn't be able to shoot them down like this. Or, if we were, they wouldn't allow us a 2nd time, let alone a 3rd.
ººº

Post by ººº »

erowind wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:37 am Manufactured consent to keep some spectacle in the news cycles.
This.
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

erowind wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:42 am Aliens observing us or otherwise visiting the planet is something that could turn out to be true.

However, any conspiracy that aliens have made contact or vice versa with our governments are completely false. Any species advanced enough to make it to Earth with such advanced aircraft or AI controlled drones wouldn't tolerate the culture of our governments at all. There'd be nothing to gain for them in terms of cultural studies by only talking to world governments and world governments wouldn't be cooperative with them either. Making contact at at any moderate scale would have an incredible effect on our species regardless of what humans are contacted. It follows that any contact would be public, notorious, and prioritize equal interaction with any given human on purpose because otherwise any data collected would be of low quality (due to unrepresentative samples) and still violate any prime directive if they have one.

Contact at a small scale with a few individual humans who are then trusted with secrecy would still yield more representative results of the human condition if Alien researchers took interest in average humans not our abstracted institutions.

This all only applies to advanced species though. If a small primitive alien seedship or drone appeared in our orbit and landed somewhere (or were retrieved by our governments) it is possible that our governments would keep the entire ordeal secret on purpose. Aliens at comparable levels of advancement to ourselves who for whatever reason have the drive to build interstellar ships would be vulnerable to our governments overpowering them, especially if they didn't travel with weapons for some reason or another and didn't expect to find anyone here on Earth to begin with.
This is assuming that such aliens are interested in cultural studies. We can't possibly know that they would or wouldn't be. For one, we can't know how an alien intelligence would think, so can't begin to know what it would prioritize. Just because we might value cultural studies doesn't mean they would, or would or would not base their contacts upon such. For another, any species advanced enough to reach us would have technology so advanced they wouldn't need to contact us to study us - they could have satellites as far out as Jupiter perhaps that takes better pictures and videos than our satellites closer to home. They could have an AI sort through our entire internet, and have it so intelligent to sort through the misinformation to get at the actual facts. It could have nanbots so small we mistakes them for dust reading every book in every library along with every peer reviewed journal in academia.

I don't know if I believe we're being visited by aliens or if we ever have been, but if we are (and that's a big if) then I'm going to hazard a guess that any species capable of making the distance of lightyears is going to be so technologically advanced as to seem godlike next to our abilities. So they wouldn't likely need to resort to the same tactics human anthropologists have to when they wish to make a cultural study.

I also doubt they'd contacted our world leaders, assuming they exist and have visited us, but that's more because I doubt world governments could keep a secret of this magnitude for this extent of time. They can keep big secrets, like the Manhattan Project, they can keep long secrets like the development of stealth, but I'd need much more to believe they can keep a secret that's bigger than the A bomb for perhaps a half century or better.
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

(is there a multi-quote function I'm unaware of?)
firestar464 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:08 pm https://apnews.com/article/united-state ... b40ce1cb5a

Aaaaaand another one...what is happening?
I saw on the news that they explained that after the Chinese spy balloon incident that NORAD shifted their radars to better focus on higher altitude slow moving objects. So the reason we're seeing more of these objects is because we've taken steps to more actively look for these kinds of objects.
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

erowind wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:37 am 3 reasonable possibilities.

State actor of some kind.
This is my suspicion, with a strong leaning towards them being from China just like last week's balloon.
ººº

Post by ººº »

Vakanai wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:40 pm (is there a multi-quote function I'm unaware of?)
Scroll down when writing or quoting a post. You should find all coments with a button saying "" at the top-right.
Vakanai

Post by Vakanai »

ººº wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:56 pm
Vakanai wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:40 pm (is there a multi-quote function I'm unaware of?)
Scroll down when writing or quoting a post. You should find all coments with a button saying "" at the top-right.
Yes, that's the quote function, but it seems to only be to quote one post at a time, not for multi-quote functionality. Or am I missing something?

Edit: Oh I see, you have to already be in the midst of quoting and then it adds that to current quote. Thank you! :)
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

So the most plausible explanation is that there is an uptick in reports due to improvements in data collection. I wonder if these will become regular occurrences, and I hope the elimination of these oddballs can allow us to focus on studying UFOs that are more likely to be paranormal.