AI & Robotics News and Discussions

wjfox
Site Admin

Re: AI & Robotics News and Discussions

Post by wjfox »

funkervogt wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:27 am
The rate of progress in AI is beginning to scare me...
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

IBM's CEO: Narrow AI is quickly improving and near a usage "tipping point," but general AI is still decades away.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/ibm-ceo-a ... cades-out/
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

funkervogt wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:05 pm IBM's CEO: Narrow AI is quickly improving and near a usage "tipping point," but general AI is still decades away.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/ibm-ceo-a ... cades-out/
AI experts opinions are mutually exclusive.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

More AI reasoning.

raklian

Post by raklian »

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
agi

Post by agi »

deleted
Last edited by agi on Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Language Models Perform Reasoning via Chain of Thought
In recent years, scaling up the size of language models has been shown to be a reliable way to improve performance on a range of natural language processing (NLP) tasks. Today’s language models at the scale of 100B or more parameters achieve strong performance on tasks like sentiment analysis and machine translation, even with little or no training examples. Even the largest language models, however, can still struggle with certain multi-step reasoning tasks, such as math word problems and commonsense reasoning. How might we enable language models to perform such reasoning tasks?

In “Chain of Thought Prompting Elicits Reasoning in Large Language Models,” we explore a prompting method for improving the reasoning abilities of language models. Called chain of thought prompting, this method enables models to decompose multi-step problems into intermediate steps. With chain of thought prompting, language models of sufficient scale (~100B parameters) can solve complex reasoning problems that are not solvable with standard prompting methods.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »