Whistleblower warns baffling illness affects growing number of young adults in Canadian province

wjfox
Site Admin

Whistleblower warns baffling illness affects growing number of young adults in Canadian province

Post by wjfox »

Sun 2 Jan 2022 11.00 GMT

A whistleblower in the Canadian province of New Brunswick has warned that a progressive neurological illness that has baffled experts for more than two years appears to be affecting a growing number of young people and causing swift cognitive decline among some of the afflicted.

Speaking to the Guardian, an employee with Vitalité Health Network, one of the province’s two health authorities, said that suspected cases are growing in number and that young adults with no prior health triggers are developing a catalog of troubling symptoms, including rapid weight loss, insomnia, hallucinations, difficulty thinking and limited mobility.

The official number of cases under investigation, 48, remains unchanged since it was first announced in early spring 2021. But multiple sources say the cluster could now be as many as 150 people, with a backlog of cases involving young people still requiring further assessment.

“I’m truly concerned about these cases because they seem to evolve so fast,” said the source. “I’m worried for them and we owe them some kind of explanation.”

At the same time, at least nine cases have been recorded in which two people in close contact – but without genetic links – have developed symptoms, suggesting that environmental factors may be involved.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... lts-canada
Xyls

Re: Whistleblower warns baffling illness affects growing number of young adults in Canadian province

Post by Xyls »

Lol, I live in this province and this whole thing has been such a mess. I also live in one of the affected cities.
R8Z

Re: Whistleblower warns baffling illness affects growing number of young adults in Canadian province

Post by R8Z »

Appears to be some sort of poisoning. But, still... crazy stuff. Hopefully not another virus :shock:
And, as always, bye bye.
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

I am so ready for the popcorn when the government releases their report this month. Nobody is going to believe it.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/202 ... wvPI9gbxEg
Lurking

Post by Lurking »

Prions?
Internet used to be an escape from the real world.
Now the real world is an escape from internet.