COVID-19 News and Discussions

Yuli Ban

Re: COVID-19 News and Discussions

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yeah, well, here's more of it

Réunion's a tiny island near Madagascar. If it's there, it's everywhere.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

The chief executive of Moderna has predicted that existing vaccines will be much less effective at tackling Omicron than earlier strains of Covid-19 and warned it would take months before pharmaceutical companies can manufacture new variant-specific jabs at scale.

Stéphane Bancel said the high number of Omicron mutations on the spike protein, which the virus uses to infect human cells, and the rapid spread of the variant in South Africa, suggested the current crop of vaccines may need to be modified next year.

“There is no world, I think, where [the effectiveness] is the same level . . . we had with Delta,” Bancel told the Financial Times in an interview at the company’s headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

He added: “I think it’s going to be a material drop. I just don’t know how much because we need to wait for the data. But all the scientists I’ve talked to . . . are like ‘this is not going to be good’.”
Oh! Oh.... no....
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Putrid fucking news
Ozzie guy

Post by Ozzie guy »

So spreads faster than OG covid and vaccines don't stop spread?

If it kills including vaccinated we are in for another happening.

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

raklian

Post by raklian »

Yuli Ban wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:09 am Putrid fucking news
Welp! I guess it's time to retreat into my home and lock myself up in there for the duration of this Omicron wave.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Dow Jones is down another 1%.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Omicron COVID variant was in Europe before South African scientists detected and flagged it to the world

November 30, 2021

Dutch health authorities announced on Tuesday that they found the new Omicron variant of the coronavirus in cases dating back as long as 11 days, indicating that it was already spreading in western Europe before the first cases were identified in southern Africa. The RIVM health institute said it found Omicron in samples dating from November 19 and 23.

Those findings predate the positive cases found among passengers who came from South Africa last Friday and were tested at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport.

"It is not yet clear whether the people concerned [in the earlier cases] have also been to southern Africa," the RIVM said, adding that the individuals had been informed of their Omicron infections and that local health services had started contact tracing.

"In the coming period, various studies will be conducted into the distribution of the Omicron variant in the Netherlands," the institute said, noting that it would also re-examine more samples from previous COVID test results.

Belgium and Germany have also said that sample tests confirm the variant was in those countries before South African health officials alerted the world on November 24 to its existence.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/omicron-va ... rt-raised/
raklian

Post by raklian »

wjfox wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:44 pm Omicron COVID variant was in Europe before South African scientists detected and flagged it to the world

November 30, 2021

Dutch health authorities announced on Tuesday that they found the new Omicron variant of the coronavirus in cases dating back as long as 11 days, indicating that it was already spreading in western Europe before the first cases were identified in southern Africa. The RIVM health institute said it found Omicron in samples dating from November 19 and 23.
And yet, we implemented the travel bans targeting African countries. What does that tell us? Two possibilities - 1) we have an unconscious bias against African countries for some reason, or/and 2) the political leadership including their medical/scientific advisors have an outdated understanding of how viruses, particularly COVID, work.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Excess death chart

So either COVID-19 has killed 20 million people, or there's some mysterious mass dying going on right now that's claimed the lives of 20 million human beings ever since November 2019. Obviously COVID-19's a lie-beral hoax, so we really need to get to the bottom of what's killing so many people.