COVID-19 News and Discussions

Yuli Ban

Re: COVID-19 News and Discussions

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Something's not right here...
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

erowind

Post by erowind »

Already too late for Japan likely. The only way to get the virus under control will be long-term closed borders combined with hard measures for an extended period like New Zealand had previously and South Korea still is doing. Venice kept its gates shut for years during the black death and required a month long quarantine for trading vessels before they were permitted to disembark.

Immigration and movement of people should still be allowed of course but in a humane controlled manner. Proper comfortable quarantine villages and hotel complexes could be built for people to use during a 25 day period when entering a given country. This would cut down carbon emissions massively to if people had to be committed and have a substantive reason to travel.

Large single markets like the EU and highly integrated regions like Australia and New Zealand could find more relaxed measures for movement within their respective regions. It wouldn’t be fair to cut off a country like Luxembourg for example.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Indeed.

Basically, these next three weeks are going to determine whether Omicron is a nothingburger, or if 2022 will be a colder year than 2020.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:49 am Image
Holy shit.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:42 am Indeed.

Basically, these next three weeks are going to determine whether Omicron is a nothingburger, or if 2022 will be a colder year than 2020.
If it's worse than Delta, the timing literally couldn't be worse for me. I have two Christmas parties with my company in the next two weeks, and plan to visit my brother and two young nephews for Christmas (haven't seen them in person for two years). :(
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »