COVID-19 News and Discussions

raklian

Re: COVID-19 News and Discussions

Post by raklian »

wjfox wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:13 pm
Took them a while to bring this up to the public spotlight. That's amazing, considering how devastating this is.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

One of the best videos I've seen during this entire pandemic.

Why aren't more people speaking out like this??

Lilymoon

What is the status of Covid treatment this year?

Post by Lilymoon »

I have not been reading too much about Covid, but I’m wondering now that we are in new year if there is any antiviral drugs or treatment coming out for Covid.

I’m wondering how much they have advance in the past 4 years of Covid and what stuff they have out there now and coming out.
wjfox
Site Admin

Re: What is the status of Covid treatment this year?

Post by wjfox »

Lilymoon wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:16 pm I have not been reading too much about Covid, but I’m wondering now that we are in new year if there is any antiviral drugs or treatment coming out for Covid.

I’m wondering how much they have advance in the past 4 years of Covid and what stuff they have out there now and coming out.
I merged your thread with the existing one.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

We’re In a Major COVID-19 Surge. It’s Our New Normal
https://time.com/6554340/covid-19-surge ... wtab-en-us

By Jamie Ducharme
January 12, 2024 8:00 AM EST

You probably know a lot of sick people right now. Most parts of the U.S. are getting pummeled by respiratory illness, with 7% of all outpatient health care visits recorded during the week ending Dec. 30 related to these sicknesses, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Many people are sick with flu, while others have RSV or other routine winter viruses. But COVID-19 is also tearing through the population, thanks largely to the highly contagious JN.1 variant. Just like every year since 2021, this one is starting with a COVID-19 surge—and Americans are getting a good glimpse of what their “new normal” may look like, says Katelyn Jetelina, the epidemiologist who writes the Your Local Epidemiologist newsletter.

“Unfortunately,” she says, “signs are pointing to this [being] the level of disruption and disease we’re going to be faced with in years to come.”

The CDC no longer tracks COVID-19 case counts, which makes it harder than it once was to say exactly how widely the virus is spreading. Monitoring the amount of virus detected in wastewater, while not a perfect proxy for case counts, is probably the best real-time signal currently available—and right now, that signal is a screaming red siren. According to some analyses, wastewater data suggest the current surge is second in size only to the monstrous first wave of Omicron, which peaked in early 2022. By some estimates, more than a million people in the U.S. may be newly infected every single day at the peak of this wave.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

DISCLOSE.TV from THE DAILY MAIL? Come on.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

firestar464 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:47 pm DISCLOSE.TV from THE DAILY MAIL? Come on.
Well, here's the pre-print:

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 3.574008v1

(not yet peer-reviewed)

Make of it what you will.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

The fact that this is publicized eliminates the idea that there is a grand conspiracy IMO. They're just experimenting with hypothetical outbreaks to assess the risk. Both viruses were cultured from the wild, as opposed to synthesized.

Regardless the risk must be taken very seriously, as the results show.
Lilymoon

Post by Lilymoon »

I hear we are in very bad flu season with some people getting flu for three weeks and some six weeks. Also constipation, diarrhea and vomiting.

I also there is major covid wave going on now.

Well also the doctors are speaking out but the government is not spending any money now.