COVID-19 News and Discussions

Yuli Ban

Re: COVID-19 News and Discussions

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Dammit, even people who do things right are still getting sick.

GOP Governor 'Extremely Unwell' Amid Battle with COVID
by Meaghan Ellis
January 12, 2022

https://www.alternet.org/2022/01/jim-justice/

Introduction:
(Alternet) A Republican governor is facing an uphill health battle after testing positive for COVID-19. On Tuesday, January 11, West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice (R) released a statement canceling the state's legislative address after receiving test results that confirm he'd contracted the virus.

The governor awoke on Tuesday morning with multiple symptoms of illness including fever, headache cough, and congestion, according to the statement. Although the rapid test delivered negative results, the PCR test returned positive. In a matter of hours, he also began suffering from an elevated heart rate and heightened blood pressure in addition to a higher fever, per CNN.

"While I was surprised that my test results came back positive, I'm thankful to the Lord above that I've been vaccinated, I've been boosted, and that I have an incredible support system, especially my loving family," Justice said.

Justice confirmed in the statement that he has received a dose of monoclonal antibody treatment.
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

Dammit, even people who do things right are still getting sick.
Age is still a huge risc factor. He is 70.
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

^^^From a strictly selfish point of view, I don't find that particularly reassuring. I am 66. :(

:D :D :D
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... thers-hope

This is horrible.
My wife had long Covid and killed herself. We must help others who are suffering
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

White House will double COVID-19 tests for schools
Source: Reuters

By Nandita Bose
(Reuters) - The Biden administration on Wednesday announced a new set of measures to keep classes open, including doubling COVID-19 testing capacity in schools with 10 million more tests, as the Omicron variant spreads rapidly through the United States.

The United States reported 1.35 million new coronavirus infections on Monday, shattering the global record for daily cases in any one country. Omicron is now estimated to account for 98.3% of total new cases circulating in the country, the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) says.

The gigantic wave of infections has disrupted plans for students and teachers to return to school and for workers to go back to the office.

In response, the number of COVID-19 tests available to schools will be increased by 10 million per month, the White House said in a statement, saying this will help schools more than double the volume of testing compared to November 2021.
Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/white ... li=BBnbfcL
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Hellworld
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »