COVID-19 News and Discussions

weatheriscool

Re: COVID-19 News and Discussions

Post by weatheriscool »

Could Omicron be GOOD news? Variant 'might speed up end of pandemic if it causes mild illness' as South Africa records NO hospital admissions or deaths from super strain - but scientists won't know for at least two weeks

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lness.html
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yowza, South Africa hospitalizations are backfilled so the numbers we've seen in the last days are low estimates

I haven't felt this much malaise since February 2020
We've gone full retard for the sake of the Almighty Stock Market
"It's mild! It's mild! There's nothing to worry about!"
One doctor alone said that, completely out of context, referring solely to some young healthy patients and not the rest, and yet the global neoliberal media completely ran with that bullshit to do absolutely nothing
Biden's literally doing LESS THAN TRUMP

LESS THAN TRUMP

How the f*ck can you be THAT incompetent

Lol we're about to get our shit wrecked on an apocalyptic scale
Anyone who sees anything otherwise should be outright ashamed of themselves for believing the overwhelming amount of cope

Wouldn't be surprised if Biden's dumbass is dragged out of the White House by a violent, soon-to-be-bullet-riddled mob and the Pentagon assumes control of the USA by July at this rate
And not even because things get THAT bad. I don't think it's going to be existentially terrible or even that much worse than COVID's been. Only that by the time those in power realize that they fucked up, the moment they do a damn thing to fix it, MAGA'll go insane. Should've been more proactive, but nope!
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Also:

I'm getting dangerously close to wishing Biden lost the election
Not that I'll cross over, because that means I'd rather Trump handle it. As milquetoast as Biden is, I know in my heart Trump would find new and spectacular ways to f*ck everything up.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

China's going to be like the only fucking country left that doesn't suffer mass disability from this.
erowind

Post by erowind »

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:24 am I'm getting dangerously close to wishing Biden lost the election
Not that I'll cross over, because that means I'd rather Trump handle it. As milquetoast as Biden is, I know in my heart Trump would find new and spectacular ways to f*ck everything up.
And see, if Trump had won the election and fucked things up even more there may have really been appetite for a social democrat in the United States for once. Or godforbid, if not, at least a keynesian capitalist who can actually enact any policy that isn't just, "line go up privatize it all."

Now that all the blue idpol voters got their way we have another neoliberal who only guarantees either Trump or someone worse than Trump will get to harass us into the late 2020s if not early 2030s.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

That's a doubling time of about 24 hours...
raklian

Post by raklian »

Just maybe Omicron is the REAL pandemic we've been waiting for. The waves we've had with the earlier Covid variants were just an appetizer.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

raklian wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:43 am Just maybe Omicron is the REAL pandemic we've been waiting for. The waves we've had with the earlier Covid variants were just an appetizer.
Maybe Omicron IS mild
The monkey's paw being that Delta was super mild and OG COVID was ultra-turbo mild

Dibs on the Sigma variant being the Horseman of Pestilence.
Ken_J

Post by Ken_J »

Yuli Ban wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:48 am
raklian wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:43 am Just maybe Omicron is the REAL pandemic we've been waiting for. The waves we've had with the earlier Covid variants were just an appetizer.
Maybe Omicron IS mild
The monkey's paw being that Delta was super mild and OG COVID was ultra-turbo mild

Dibs on the Sigma variant being the Horseman of Pestilence.
nah, what's actually happening is the virus is damaging central nervous system tissues, setting in motion events that 5 to ten years from now those who were infected will start to have the same symptoms of long covid sufferers, and by then the original long covid sufferers will have been the canaries in the coal mine, as the autoimmune attack on their own nervous system results in an ALS like degenerative disorder had killed most of them off within a few years. By then it will become clear that anyone who caught it, even mild cases and asymptomatic, start having fatigue, brain fog, depressive episodes and occasional signs similar to dementia. It rapidly moves toward nerve pain and loss of control of the nervous system. incontinence, stumbling gait, aspirating food and drink. soon inability to walk unassisted, or to reach and grasp things. ultimately increased senility and increased physical debilitation will take over their existence. Many who see the signs set in early and saw what happened to the first long covid cases, commit suicide. and the world is stunned and horrified at the nightmare of hundreds of millions of people across the world face this decline toward a horrible death. And the strain on every government to deal with it all is too much. welcome to the bleak nightmare future.