COVID-19 News and Discussions

Cyber_Rebel

Re: COVID-19 News and Discussions

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

Quebec to impose 'significant' financial penalty against people who refuse to get vaccinated
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-to-i ... -1.5735536

An update from the 10 P.M. Curfews their Premier previously enacted.
Quebec Premier François Legault announced the province will apply a "significant" financial penalty for residents who refuse to get vaccinated against COVID-19 for non-medical reasons.

The premier made the announcement at a news conference Tuesday afternoon, describing the measure as a "health-care contribution," though the exact amount has not yet been determined.

The province is consulting with the finance minister and its legal advisers about implementing the measure, but Legault already said $50 or $100 "is not significant" enough for him.
Now, let's see how it's working...

Thousands sign up for 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine as Quebec threatens to tax the unvaxxed
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mobile/thou ... -1.5736806
More than 7,000 people registered for their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine Tuesday, amid threats by Quebec officials to tax the unvaccinated.

"Our highest in several days," tweeted Quebec Health Minister Christian Dubé, noting that 5,000 appointments were also made on Monday. "This is encouraging."

Dubé notes the appointments were made across all the age groups, and 107,000 doses of vaccine were administered Tuesday alone.
Well, that was fast... have I ever mentioned just how much I 💕Canada? :D Who would've thought punitive measures as an incentive actually do work?
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

Love it.
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:36 am Quebec to impose 'significant' financial penalty against people who refuse to get vaccinated
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-to-i ... -1.5735536

An update from the 10 P.M. Curfews their Premier previously enacted.
Quebec Premier François Legault announced the province will apply a "significant" financial penalty for residents who refuse to get vaccinated against COVID-19 for non-medical reasons.

The premier made the announcement at a news conference Tuesday afternoon, describing the measure as a "health-care contribution," though the exact amount has not yet been determined.

The province is consulting with the finance minister and its legal advisers about implementing the measure, but Legault already said $50 or $100 "is not significant" enough for him.
Now, let's see how it's working...

Thousands sign up for 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine as Quebec threatens to tax the unvaxxed
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mobile/thou ... -1.5736806
More than 7,000 people registered for their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine Tuesday, amid threats by Quebec officials to tax the unvaccinated.

"Our highest in several days," tweeted Quebec Health Minister Christian Dubé, noting that 5,000 appointments were also made on Monday. "This is encouraging."

Dubé notes the appointments were made across all the age groups, and 107,000 doses of vaccine were administered Tuesday alone.
Well, that was fast... have I ever mentioned just how much I 💕Canada? :D Who would've thought punitive measures as an incentive actually do work?
My province of New Brunswick is also considering this, and I won't be surprised if all the Atlantic Canadian provinces follow Quebec's lead here. Rest of the country not so sure.

I think in these provinces the question is more of whether they NEED to do this. Most of these provinces have 12+ vaxx rates of around 93-95% with the first dose at least which I believe are the highest in the world. Newfoundland I believe is at about 98% I have heard of the over 12 age group.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
raklian

Post by raklian »

Yikes! People with Long Covid are missing immune T cells. Isn't that what HIV does to our immune system as well, to an extent, right? :shock:

Good luck fighting future infections with an immunological profile like that. T cells don't usually regenerate in adulthood. :cry:

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Biden sending medical teams to 6 states to help hospitals overwhelmed by COVID-19
Source: USA Today

WASHINGTON – The federal government is sending military medical teams to six states – New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Rhode Island, Michigan and New Mexico – to help hospitals overburdened by COVID-19, President Joe Biden announced Thursday..

Biden announced the deployments when outlining new steps the administration is taking to address a surge in infections driven by the omicron variant.

When you need something done, call in the military," Biden said.

His remarks come as hospitalizations for COVID-19 are setting records. Some hospitals are delaying elective surgeries as states are deploying National Guard members to health care facilities.
Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/exclu ... 220113_1_3
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

A record spike in COVID-19 cases due to the Omicron variant is causing a nationwide worker "sickout," disrupting businesses ranging from grocery stores to airlines.

The past few weeks have been "hellacious," Delta Airlines CEO Ed Bastian said in a Thursday conference call with stock analysts and reporters. The executive said 8,000 of his employees have contracted COVID-19 in the last four weeks alone — about 10% of the carrier's workforce — a toll that contributed to more than 2,200 cancelled Delta flights since December 24.

Although a precise count of the number of employees who are out sick or quarantining is hard to come by, about 5 million Americans could be isolating due to COVID-19 at the peak of Omicron, according to Andrew Hunter, senior U.S. economist at Capital Economics. That could reflect about 2% of the nation's workforce forced to stay home due to illness, he added.