Xyls

Re: COVID-19 News and Discussions

Post by Xyls »

Lul: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... -sage-says

Expect another Omicron wave in early summer, Sage says
raklian

Post by raklian »

Xyls wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:13 pm Lul: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... -sage-says

Expect another Omicron wave in early summer, Sage says
This is going to be about survival by attrition... and using one's smarts. Our gene pool is about to be tested to its limits, with a significant amount of pruning around its edges. I wouldn't be surprised our resulting gene pool will leave our descendants looking like the grey aliens with their slender bodies and elongated heads with large, black unblinking eyes. 8-)

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

This is going to be about survival by attrition... and using one's smarts. Our gene pool is about to be tested to its limits, with a significant amount of pruning around its edges. I wouldn't be surprised our resulting gene pool will leave our descendants looking like the grey aliens with their slender bodies and elongated heads with large, black unblinking eyes. 8-)
This seems very negative, but of course it's the US..

We are doing fine, the number of hospitalizations is dropping, there's almost no restrictions left. Omicron can't beat us ,it's nowhere near.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

It looks like the U.S. might have peaked in terms of Omicron, although it's a little too early to say.

Case numbers are still extraordinarily high, and deaths too.

Meanwhile here in the UK, we've definitely peaked, and hospitalisations have reached a plateau (~50% what we saw in Jan 2021). Our deaths have been uncomfortably high though, approaching 400/day recently, though I expect they'll peak in the next few days.
raklian

Post by raklian »

andmar74 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:19 pm
This seems very negative, but of course it's the US..

We are doing fine, the number of hospitalizations is dropping, there's almost no restrictions left. Omicron can't beat us ,it's nowhere near.
You know what I said was tongue-in-cheek. 8-)

Omicron has beaten those who died from it. That's just my view.

This wave is not what I'm really worried about. I'm worried about the one we will have in the summer after our immunity (either vaccine- or natural-induced) against Delta and Omincron has worn off. Better hope we'll have a multivalent vaccine before then. :?
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

I forgot to mention long-covid. I'm getting more worried about this. Even vaccines don't stop it.
R8Z

Post by R8Z »

wjfox wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:19 pm
No surprise that they demand censorship of the opposing views. Also using the word "baseless" and committing into doing exactly what has been one of the most critical things of the discourse of their intellectual opponents is incredibly ironic and validating towards JRE and their followers (censor first, question later).

So... No, saying something like "it might be likely that a virus was not a naturally originated virus as its origins pinpoint it into one the only places were there is lab dedicated to gain-of-function research of coronaviruses in a region historically without natural coronaviruses originating from" is not a baseless statement and if you try to censor that sort of thing it is especially confusing as to why would anyone have this first gut desire to shut down whoever tries to find what is the reality of the whole situation. Note: Wuhan is the only place in the East where they study coronaviruses in this way. There are only two more labs that do gain of function research and both are far away, in the US.

The above is considered dangerous misinformation by some sources still to this day, although in the past it was much more likely that you would be called a conspiracy theorist by even entertaining the idea of an artificial origin. The above was nothing but literally the statement of facts surrounding the events that led to the global pandemic.

I've lost hope for big tech (like Google and their products) as they purposely misinform and censor without care whatever is in vogue to disagree with, but as long as people are free to discuss in open forums and other platforms, there is hope.
And, as always, bye bye.
andmar74

Post by andmar74 »

Japan had a nice run where the delta variant mysteriously disappeared. Now, though, Covid-19 cases are exploding with omicron.
https://www.google.com/search?q=covid-1 ... e&ie=UTF-8