BCIs & Neurotechnology News and Discussions

Yuli Ban

Re: BCIs & Neurotechnology News and Discussions

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

First Experience with the Kernel Flow Device [David Boas's lab at Boston University.]
The cap is a little heavier than it looks, but one has to consider the phenomenal amount of technology in this helmet and it is remarkable that it doesn’t weigh 100x more as vastly fewer numbers of time domain fNIRS channels weighed only a few years ago. And related to this, the outside of the helmet does get warm, but the inside remains a comfortable temperature for the subject. Again, given the very advanced technology in the helmet, I am not surprised by this. It indicates that the helmet design is effective at heat conduction away from the detectors to help reduce the noise floor as much as possible.
And this is coming from the absolute top of the field, David Boas. If he thinks it's "very advanced", then to do much better you're going to have to time-travel into the future.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

NYC Brain Computer Startup Announces FDA Trial Before Elon Musk
A brain-computer interface company is entering clinical trials for its implants in the U.S., a big step toward getting the futuristic devices into more skulls to help treat conditions like paralysis. New York-based Synchron Inc. said it received permission from the Food and Drug Administration to test its device in human patients.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Good news!

Kernel Flow early access now available starting at $37,200
Academic Purchase Program
A free Kernel Flow for one year.

Secure your spot today and get early access to the next generation of Kernel Flow, free to use for 12 months. Deliveries will begin in the second half of 2022.

Kernel Flow is a state-of-the-art TD-fNIRS human brain measurement system with three tiers of configuration: minimum (12 modules), modular (26-38 modules), and whole-head (52 modules).

Academic purchases are traditionally based on preliminary findings and long funding cycles, making it difficult for researchers to access the most advanced technologies, leaving them stuck using old systems.

We are breaking this cycle.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Brain Implant Translates Paralyzed Man's Thoughts Into Text With 94% Accuracy
A man paralyzed from the neck down due to a spinal cord injury he sustained in 2007 has shown he can communicate his thoughts, thanks to a brain implant system that translates his imagined handwriting into actual text.

The device – part of a longstanding research collaboration called BrainGate – is a brain-computer interface (BCI), that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to interpret signals of neural activity generated during handwriting.

In this case, the man – called T5 in the study, and who was 65 years of age at the time of the research – wasn't doing any actual writing, as his hand, along with all his limbs, had been paralyzed for several years.

But during the experiment, reported in Nature earlier in the year, the man concentrated as if he were writing – effectively, thinking about making the letters with an imaginary pen and paper.