BCIs & Neurotechnology News and Discussions

Yuli Ban

Re: BCIs & Neurotechnology News and Discussions

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

First Experience with the Kernel Flow Device [David Boas's lab at Boston University.]
The cap is a little heavier than it looks, but one has to consider the phenomenal amount of technology in this helmet and it is remarkable that it doesn’t weigh 100x more as vastly fewer numbers of time domain fNIRS channels weighed only a few years ago. And related to this, the outside of the helmet does get warm, but the inside remains a comfortable temperature for the subject. Again, given the very advanced technology in the helmet, I am not surprised by this. It indicates that the helmet design is effective at heat conduction away from the detectors to help reduce the noise floor as much as possible.
And this is coming from the absolute top of the field, David Boas. If he thinks it's "very advanced", then to do much better you're going to have to time-travel into the future.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

NYC Brain Computer Startup Announces FDA Trial Before Elon Musk
A brain-computer interface company is entering clinical trials for its implants in the U.S., a big step toward getting the futuristic devices into more skulls to help treat conditions like paralysis. New York-based Synchron Inc. said it received permission from the Food and Drug Administration to test its device in human patients.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »