DeepMind: Emergent bartering behaviour in multi-agent reinforcement learning

Yuli Ban

DeepMind: Emergent bartering behaviour in multi-agent reinforcement learning

Post by Yuli Ban »

Possible precursor to fully automated luxury capitalism?
Of course, it's still just the bare minimum of a simulation and I have a hunch that, the more it's scaled up and the more intelligent the individual agents, the stranger the micro and macroeconomic activity will beome. It's possible that with superhuman and parhuman agents mingling in the same economic zone, something much stranger than capitalism as we know it to be could arise.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Ozzie guy

Re: DeepMind: Emergent bartering behaviour in multi-agent reinforcement learning

Post by Ozzie guy »

Yuli Ban wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:05 pm

Possible precursor to fully automated luxury capitalism?
Of course, it's still just the bare minimum of a simulation and I have a hunch that, the more it's scaled up and the more intelligent the individual agents, the stranger the micro and macroeconomic activity will beome. It's possible that with superhuman and parhuman agents mingling in the same economic zone, something much stranger than capitalism as we know it to be could arise.
I hope not am I too utopian in thinking that when we have no scarcity we can just use use what we want within reason and share. There will be nothing more annoying to me than having to compete with people and having wealth divide/artificial scarcity for eternity after "post scarcity!" and radical change has been achieved.
Yuli Ban

Re: DeepMind: Emergent bartering behaviour in multi-agent reinforcement learning

Post by Yuli Ban »

Here's the full thread
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future