UK News and Discussions

blackcomb

Re: UK News and Discussions

Post by blackcomb »

It is speculated that the queen has passed or is close to it
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Time_Traveller

Post by Time_Traveller »

Queen news – latest: Elizabeth II ‘died peacefully’ this afternoon, royal family confirms
1 minute ago

The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon, the royal family has announced, plunging the nation into mourning.

Her son, the Prince of Wales, automatically succeeds her, becoming King and ruling over the UK and more than a dozen Commonwealth nations.

A statement from the royal family said the King and the Queen Consort would remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow.

Earlier, members of the royal family rushed to her bedside at Balmoral Castle after doctors became concerned for her health.

The Queen, 96, was Britain’s longest-serving monarch, having reigned for 70 years.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 62638.html
"We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories...And those that carry us forward, are dreams."

-H.G Wells.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Why did it have to be Liz Truss?
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

It really feels like we are gradually leaving the 20th century behind us. So much has changed since the 20th century ended already. She, as promised, fulfilled her duty to the end. Will King Charles III be the first cybernetically augmented monarch of Britain? I doubt it, but it's not impossible.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
raklian

Post by raklian »

Tadasuke wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:13 pm Will King Charles III be the first cybernetically augmented monarch of Britain? I doubt it, but it's not impossible.
Or Britain's last monarch.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Britain's new monarch to be known as King Charles III
Source: Reuters
LONDON, Sept 8 (Reuters) - Clarence House confirmed on Thursday that Britain's new monarch will be known as King Charles III, following the death of Queen Elizabeth, PA Media reported on Thursday.
Read more: https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/britai ... 022-09-08/
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

Tadasuke wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:13 pm Will King Charles III be the first cybernetically augmented monarch of Britain? I doubt it, but it's not impossible.
King William might be, assuming he succeeds the throne. Charles the 3rd is already 73, which is a farcry from Elizabeth's accession. It's also possible the younger generation might opt to do without the old traditions of the Monarchy like @raklian was saying; countries like Canada might even do such earlier like Barbados did.

My condolences to the people of the United Kingdom, Queen Elizabeth was a respectable Monarch who witnessed generations come and go, and will be missed.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

joe00uk

Post by joe00uk »

Yuli Ban wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:04 pm Why did it have to be Liz Truss?
The Queen clung onto dear life just long enough to see Boris go. Once that was done, she could die in peace. Not that Truss will be much better, but I guess the Queen must have had some hope. Interesting coincidence that they were both named Elizabeth too.