Canada news and discussion

Yuli Ban

Re: Canada news and discussion

Post by Yuli Ban »

Can't wait to see how this mess gets cleaned up.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

Xyls wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:29 pm Fox News supported TERRORISTS:
To the surprise of absolutely no one. Theses scumbags would attempt to annex Canada for its resources if they could. I'm glad they are going after the primary means of funding for this occupation. It's already been demonstrated that the narrative of "these low-income protestors are being hurt by vaccine mandates" was demonstratively proven false by the locations of the higher earning zip codes in which they originated.

I'm glad this issue will finally be resolved for the moment, but it has revealed the vulnerability of Canada to foreign money and political influence. I really hope Trudeau uses his newly invested power to do something about it.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

I mean this in the least politically charged, hysterical, anti-Trudeau way possible, but wow. Canada literally became a dictatorship before our very eyes.

Let's at least hope it's a dictatorship in the most classical of senses, if you know what I'm referencing.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has taken the unprecedented step of invoking the Emergencies Act to crack down on anti-vaccine mandate protests.

Mr Trudeau said the scope of the measures would be "time-limited", "reasonable and proportionate" and would not see the military deployed.

Without a court order, banks will be able freeze personal accounts of anyone linked with the protests.

Hundreds of protesters remain in Canada's capital city.

On Sunday, law enforcement cleared anti-mandate protesters at the Ambassador Bridge in Windsor - a critical pathway for Canada-US trade - after a week-long stalemate.

What began as a protest against a new rule that all truckers must be vaccinated to cross the US-Canada border, or quarantine upon return, has grown into a broader challenge to all Covid health restrictions.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Lurking

Post by Lurking »

Yuli Ban wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:20 am Let's at least hope it's a dictatorship in the most classical of senses, if you know what I'm referencing.
He lacks the balls to be a Cincinnatus.
Internet used to be an escape from the real world.
Now the real world is an escape from internet.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

Yuli Ban wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:20 am Canada literally became a dictatorship before our very eyes.
For 30 days anyways. In any case... would that be so terrible? PMs in Canada have no term limits anyways, and Trudeau is not a bad person, people actually quite underestimate him. Perhaps it's what's needed for this moment in history.

(also wish I could've read that deleted post, but assuming it details the emergency powers of the PM)
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:03 am
Yuli Ban wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:20 am Canada literally became a dictatorship before our very eyes.
For 30 days anyways. In any case... would that be so terrible? PMs in Canada have no term limits anyways, and Trudeau is not a bad person, people actually quite underestimate him. Perhaps it's what's needed for this moment in history.

(also wish I could've read that deleted post, but assuming it details the emergency powers of the PM)
Well, I'm actually usually a Conservative voter and pretty anti-Trudeau in general, so I have a lot of other reasons because of his ethics that I think he should resign and Freeland should take over. However, in this case I view this as a full attempt to intimidate and attack Canadian democracy. Basically a January 6th in slow motion, with a more prolonged attack on the structures of state.

Now with the financing cut off it looks destined to fail.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

Xyls wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:49 am I'm a Tory
I honestly don't give a damn. You care about your country and the institutions which support it. While I could ask about more "in depth" statements like abortion or wealth inequality, I think the far more pressing matter is Canadian sovereignty and the right for the nation to determine its own course without foreign influence. (Whether it be America, China, or otherwise) Yes, I also support election reform for this reason despite supporting Trudeau.

I wish "conservatives" in other countries had half that integrity.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Cyber_Rebel wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:03 am

Click the Snoo icon on the right. It'll take you to the post even if it's been deleted
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

Per reports it appears the Coutts and Milk River, Alberta blockades may have been cleared after more arrests and weapons being seized.

erowind

Post by erowind »

All this trouble allegedly over borders. To the older members I'll sound like a broken record here, but perhaps it's been long enough some others may not have heard me say this before. Why not get rid of all borders? The Canadian border and the Mexican border alike. There's an incentive to end the drug war real quick. No more profiling and harassment of civilians as they try to go about their lives crossing between countries. No more traffic jams. Ease of trade. There are so many benefits!