Euthanasia

Yuli Ban

Euthanasia

Post by Yuli Ban »

Here's a thread dedicated to the topic of euthanasia, assisted suicide, and whatnot.

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Ozzie guy

Re: Euthanasia

Post by Ozzie guy »

Yuli Ban wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:36 pm Here's a thread dedicated to the topic of euthanasia, assisted suicide, and whatnot.

My Dad want's to be Euthanised as he has a disease that gets worse over time is morbidly obese and according to an eye doctor may now be going blind.

If I reach the age where I need to be put in a nursing home and no AI/Anti ageing has come about turning out to be a cope filled lie about the near future I would probably want to be euthanised and put in cryonics if legal to do so.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Austria's parliament legalizes assisted suicide

Austrian lawmakers have approved a law that legalizes assisted suicide for seriously ill people, subject to tight rules. A law banning the practice was set to expire, which would have left the matter unregulated.

The Austrian parliament on Thursday voted to legalize assisted suicide from January after a court ruling said its ban breached fundamental human rights.

The ban would have expired at the end of this year anyway, and the new legislation means it can only take place in accordance with strict criteria.

The Assisted Suicide Act gives the option of an advance directive — similar to a living will — only to people over 18 who are terminally ill or suffer from a permanent, debilitating condition.

Each case is to be assessed by two doctors, one of whom would have to be an expert in palliative medicine. As part of their duties, they must determine whether a patient is opting for euthanasia independently.

https://www.dw.com/en/austrias-parliame ... a-60154513
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

First Colombian with non-terminal illness dies legally by euthanasia

January 9, 2022 12:42 AM GMT

Colombian Victor Escobar became the first person in the Andean country with a non-terminal illness to die by legally regulated euthanasia late on Friday, his lawyer Luis Giraldo confirmed.

"We reached the goal for patients like me, who aren't terminal but degenerative, to win this battle, a battle that opens the doors for the other patients who come after me and who right now want a dignified death," Escobar, 60 said in a video message sent to media by Giraldo.

On Saturday, a second Colombian, a woman with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALA), also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, was euthanized.

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/ ... 022-01-08/