Russia Watch Thread

wjfox
Site Admin

Re: Russia Watch Thread

Post by wjfox »

Wagner forces have halted advance on Moscow - reports

Wagner mercenary leader Yevgeny Prigozhin has agreed to "stop" the movement of his troops who are advancing on the Russian capital, according to a statement carried by the Reuters news agency and attributed to the Belarussian president's office.

We will bring you more updates shortly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-e ... type=share
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

raklian

Post by raklian »

wjfox wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:39 pm Wagner forces have halted advance on Moscow - reports

Wagner mercenary leader Yevgeny Prigozhin has agreed to "stop" the movement of his troops who are advancing on the Russian capital, according to a statement carried by the Reuters news agency and attributed to the Belarussian president's office.

We will bring you more updates shortly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-e ... type=share
I doubt this "agreement" is going to last very long. If Putin wants to save face, he needs to somehow punish Prigozhin but that isn't possible anymore. The tension between the two will be too big to go on without some sort of falling out.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

Lol bad move by Perogi if so, we all know Putin does not honour agreements. He has signed his own death warrant if this is true. As the momentum for the coup will now slow and many people who came to his side will desert him.
Powers

Post by Powers »

Xyls wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:30 pm Lol bad move by Perogi if so, we all know Putin does not honour agreements. He has signed his own death warrant if this is true. As the momentum for the coup will now slow and many people who came to his side will desert him.
As funkervogt said I think he just wants to flee from Russia and maybe weaken them in the way.
Last edited by Powers on Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raklian

Post by raklian »

Powers wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:32 pm
Xyls wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:30 pm Lol bad move by Perogi if so, we all know Putin does not honour agreements. He has signed his own death warrant if this is true. As the momentum for the coup will now slow and many people who came to his side will desert him.
As funkervogt said I think he just wants to flee from Russia.
After all that he's done, I strongly doubt the Ukrainians will welcome him. He knows that.
To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
Powers

Post by Powers »

raklian wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:35 pm
After all that he's done, I strongly doubt the Ukrainians will welcome him. He knows that.
"The end justifies the means" and I doubt he will stay there for long anyway.
Cyber_Rebel

Post by Cyber_Rebel »

It is in absolutely no one's best interest to support the Wagner Group. While I have no love for Russia, or Putin, a legit far right Fascist/SS style group would be an absolute nightmare geopolitically.

Imagine a Fascist version of Red October, the worst-case scenario if any attempted "Coup" went underway.

I hate Putin too, but always understand there could be scenarios which would be worse.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

raklian wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:35 pm
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/be ... 023-06-24/

Dude has apparently been exiled to Belarus.
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

Lol Perogi gonna fall out a Belarusian window by the end of the year.