A Thought-based search engine

Doozer

A Thought-based search engine

Post by Doozer »

As part of a generation who grew up around the internet, I would like to point out a shortcoming of search engines as we know them. That being finding exactly and precisely what you want using text alone can be a bit of a hassle. I think the logical next step in the internet’s evolution will be a neural interface-based development that allows you to find what you want by analyzing your thoughts, i.e a thought-based search engine as the title suggests.

How would you feel about such a development? I think it will save us all a butt-load of trouble for one thing. On top of that, it could truly revolutionize how we use the internet itself. Feedback will be much appreciated. ;)
Nanotechandmorefuture

Re: A Thought-based search engine

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

Doozer wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:34 am As part of a generation who grew up around the internet, I would like to point out a shortcoming of search engines as we know them. That being finding exactly and precisely what you want using text alone can be a bit of a hassle. I think the logical next step in the internet’s evolution will be a neural interface-based development that allows you to find what you want by analyzing your thoughts, i.e a thought-based search engine as the title suggests.

How would you feel about such a development? I think it will save us all a butt-load of trouble for one thing. On top of that, it could truly revolutionize how we use the internet itself. Feedback will be much appreciated. ;)
If you tie this in with algorithms it would be nice. The problem would lie in turning off such a development when not needed so once that is possible I do not think it would be that bad since it could be an option with brain implants right?