Tipping Points

MythOfProgress

Tipping Points

Post by MythOfProgress »

while i've mentioned this a few times before in earlier posts and replies, i've realized i haven't actually explained the concept of tipping points (environmental science) in-depth so i decided to upload this. i'd say a minus for the whole sponsor thing, but in this day and age you make bread however way you can so no judgements there.

Here's a link to the paper:
https://davidarmstrongmckay.files.wordp ... igures.pdf
R.I.P Ziba.
Solaris

Re: Tipping Points

Post by Solaris »

MythOfProgress wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:15 pm while i've mentioned this a few times before in earlier posts and replies, i've realized i haven't actually explained the concept of tipping points (environmental science) in-depth so i decided to upload this. i'd say a minus for the whole sponsor thing, but in this day and age you make bread however way you can so no judgements there.

Here's a link to the paper:
https://davidarmstrongmckay.files.wordp ... igures.pdf
Don't know about the paper, since it's so annoying to look at, so I didn't bother reading it. The video is a joke for many reasons, and not because of the sponsor thing. It's mostly just a wikipedia definition of the word tipping points in an environmental context.
MythOfProgress

Re: Tipping Points

Post by MythOfProgress »

Don't know about the paper, since it's so annoying to look at, so I didn't bother reading it. The video is a joke for many reasons, and not because of the sponsor thing.
not surprised at the laziness expressed if not the anti-intellectual sentiment that i'm seeing here, so clearly the joke is on you since you're criticizing a scientific study without having actually read it. this is a free copy(with most of the information available here), if you want a more legible option- you're gonna have to pay for it.
It's mostly just a wikipedia definition of the word tipping points in an environmental context.
yeah, this is for laymen in case you haven't noticed, if you want to search it up and post something that gives more context(especially here), you're free to do so.
R.I.P Ziba.