Tropical Weather & Hurricane Season

weatheriscool

Re: Tropical Weather & Hurricane Season

Post by weatheriscool »

Hurricane Agatha makes landfall in Mexico
Source: CBS News
Hurricane Agatha made landfall at 4 p.m. CT Monday just west of Puerto Angel, Mexico, with maximum sustained winds of 105 mph, according to the U.S. National Hurricane Center.

This is the earliest a Category 2 storm has made landfall along Mexico's Pacific Coast.

The National Hurricane Center warned of "extremely dangerous" coastal flooding from storm surge and "life-threatening" hurricane-force winds in the state Oaxaca. Heavy rains are expected to continue over southern Mexico through Tuesday.

The U.S. National Hurricane Center said the storm was expected to drop 10 to 16 inches of rain on parts of Oaxaca, with isolated maximums of 20 inches, posing a danger for flash floods and mudslides.
Read more: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hurricane- ... t-beaches/
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

I freaked out thinking there was already a cat-2 in the Atlantic for a second...
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

Yuli Ban wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:35 pm I freaked out thinking there was already a cat-2 in the Atlantic for a second...
Lol!

Well unless you live in the Caribbean I understand because you are getting the full power of a hurricane. Otherwise if you're living anywhere else you'll be chilling. The closest I ever came to questioning everything if it would stand a hurricane was when Michael, I believe, was off the coast of Florida annihilating the Bahamas.

If a real hurricane like that, category 5, ever pops up this season I will be right there with you freaking out especially if Miami, Fl doesn't get so lucky this time around and takes one head on. The worse thing would be consecutive category 5s.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

PTC2 and probably Bonnie soon
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Bonnie crosses into the eastern Pacific
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Tropical storm Colin forms over South Carolina.

When it looked better

Now
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

For the first time in 25 years, August did not have a named storm - now September is starting off with a possible hurricane

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/31/weather/ ... index.html

Said hurricane will be a fish-storm though.
caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Typhoon Hinnamnor to Impact Taiwan Well into Sunday
September 3, 2022

Introduction:
TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — The radius of Typhoon Hinnamnor is likely to include parts of northeast Taiwan Saturday (Sept. 3) night as it expands and grows stronger into Sunday (Sept. 4) morning, according to the Central Weather Bureau (CWB).

The first typhoon to approach Taiwan in 2022 had arrived at a location 360 kilometers east-southeast of Taipei City as of 4 p.m. Saturday. It was moving north at a speed of 16 kph but was expected to hit northeast Taiwan later than first predicted, forecasters said.

The threat to New Taipei City, Keelung City, and Yilan County was likely to increase Saturday evening amid gusts of up to 209 kph and maximum sustained winds of 173 kph. Landslides in the mountainous Nanzhuang area of Miaoli County made roads completely impassable, while many shops in popular weekend tourist destinations such as Tamsui were closed, TTV reported.

Schools and offices were closed Saturday afternoon in Jianshi and Wufeng, two mountainous areas of Hsinchu County, and most of the day in four districts of New Taipei City, Ruifang, Pingxi, Shuangxi and Gongliao. Taoyuan City’s Fuxing District said its offices and schools would remain closed Sunday.
Read more here: https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4646815
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Earl
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Danielle