Extreme weather news and discussion

Xyls

Re: Extreme weather news and discussion

Post by Xyls »

Appears our first town just took a hit from a spin up tornado... probably a weak EF1 or so but this is just the start... and we aren't in the main area for long track tornadoes... Hopefully damage is minimal here... going to get worse as the evening goes on... tornadoes are just going to spin up and slam towns tonight...

SerethiaFalcon

Post by SerethiaFalcon »

I'll update everyone on what I'm seeing in my area if anyone is interested (while taking precautions of course).
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

SerethiaFalcon wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:20 pm I'll update everyone on what I'm seeing in my area if anyone is interested (while taking precautions of course).
If you are in Minnesota I don't think you will be seeing this for another 5ish hours or so.
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

First somewhat strong rotation of the day on the radar tornado likely heading towards Polk, Nebraska population of 300ish.

SerethiaFalcon

Post by SerethiaFalcon »

@xyls Oh I know. I was just letting people know I'd try to say what I'm seeing when the time comes. Should have clarified that.
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

Stay safe.
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

Tornado warnings continue in Nebraska. Omaha had their tornado sirens going off due to the straight line winds. Likely storm will impact city in next 1 hour and a half... then the main part of the tornado threat will begin...

Also tornado warnings now being reported in Kansas... well outside of where projected tornado activity was expected. Nothing confirmed on the ground but very dangerous if they do come down as people may not be expecting these and these storms are moving FAST...

Last edited by Xyls on Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xyls

Post by Xyls »

First video of the weaker tornadoes from earlier. Which would be the first tornadoes in Nebraska in December I believe?

Xyls

Post by Xyls »

Ugh... over a town with a population of 2400... Probably not very strong but still...

Also tornado may be on the ground near the State capital Lincoln... Storms have still not entered the area where conditions for tornadoes are most favourable...

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Looks like a microburst or derecho
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future