Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality News & Discussions

Yuli Ban

Re: Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality News & Discussions

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

‘Project Cambria’ is a high-end VR headset designed for Facebook’s metaverse
Facebook is working on a new high-end VR headset codenamed Project Cambria. The company teased the device during its recent Connect conference on Thursday. It plans to release the headset sometime next year. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said it will be a separate “high-end” product from the company’s $299 Quest 2 headset. It will also cost more than that device.

Cambria will include capabilities that currently aren’t possible on other VR headsets. New sensors in the device will allow your virtual avatar to maintain eye contact and reflect your facial expressions. The company says that’s something that will allow people you’re interacting with virtually to get a better sense of how you’re feeling. Another focus of the headset will be mixed-reality experiences. With the help of new sensors and reconstruction algorithms, Facebook claims Cambria will have the capability to represent objects in the physical world with a sense of depth and perspective.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

This led me down a very interesting path that I can't stop thinking about. I thought the Index and Quest 2 and Pimax and Vive Pro 2 was where we're at in VR technology right now I knew that it would get better over the years inevitably, but I didn't know that VR technology is this far along
Oh Christ... This gives me so many ideas. Imagine this five to ten years down the line. We might be able to get the XR-3 for about as expensive as a Quest 2. What's high end now will be mid-to-low end by then, and God only knows what the high-end will be like thusly.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Police will embark on the research and development of a virtual reality-based driving ability evaluation solution for those aged 65 and older. The solution will become a stepping stone for the adoption of conditional driver's licenses for elderlies in a rapidly aging country where about 15 percent of the population is aged over 64.

According to data compiled by the Road Traffic Authority's Traffic Accident Analysis System, out of 209,654 road accidents in 2020, 31,072 were caused by old people. The fatality rate of elderly traffic accidents accounted for 46 percent. To prevent accidents, old people have been encouraged to surrender licenses in return for subsidies and public transport coupons, but the participation rate was low at 2.8 percent.

The most frequent road accident cases are old taxi drivers. About 40 percent of 241,029 taxi drivers are aged 65 and more as of November 9, 2021. The Korea Transportation Safety Authority (TS) adopted driving ability evaluation tests for old commercial vehicle drivers in 2019. Taxi, bus, and freight truck drivers are required to go through cognitive skills and memory capabilities to maintain licenses.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »