CES 2022

Yuli Ban

Re: CES 2022

Post by Yuli Ban »

The ongoing health crisis continues to affect the consumers' shopping behavior, changing how companies deliver goods. The result is that contactless deliveries have surged in popularity, with robots popping out to supply the demand.

The Ottobot is the creation of tech startup Ottonomy. The company started pilot tests in 2020 and has since perfected its product into what rolled today at CES: a machine ready to take retail and restaurant industries by storm.

Designed for curbside, last-mile, and indoor deliveries, the robot is equipped with sensors for situational awareness, which allow it to understand its surroundings and check for threats as it navigates. To get where it needs, the Ottobot makes a digital map of the destination and then localizes itself within the map, providing live updates as it runs to deliver the goods.

The Ottonomy's proprietary contextual mobility navigation technology allows the machine to make its way thourgh crowded places and unknown settings, such as airports. The robots can also "lend a hand" and become part of an establishment's staff to help provide deliveries both indoors and outdoors.
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

"Not going to see this in your home in the next decade"
Unsurprised, but it will definitely be fascinating to watch it develop.
Years pass by quickly— I still remember 2015 as if it were yesterday, and that was 7 years ago. Thus I can only imagine what this is going to be like in another 7 years. What will Ameca be like at CES 2029?
And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

As a technophile, this is close to my dreams. And I'm happy to see that CES 2022 is host to humanoid robots like it, as I would have dreamed last decade.
Lurking

Post by Lurking »

Internet used to be an escape from the real world.
Now the real world is an escape from internet.
Nanotechandmorefuture

Post by Nanotechandmorefuture »

Lurking wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:45 am
So they weren't kidding when that post about the robot talking with GPT-3 was on here. Not bad at all!
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

A flashback to CES 2012.

55 WHOLE INCHES!
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

wjfox wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:10 am
Geez, you know, part of me hopes masks don't go out of style. I can easily envision these techno-masks as being a form of proto-transhumanism.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »