Smartphones News and Discussions

weatheriscool

Re: Smartphones News and Discussions

Post by weatheriscool »

Apple's First Foldable Won't Be an iPhone, Supply Chain Sources Say
This leaves us with some pretty wacky options, none of which will hit the market before 2025—if they show up at all.
By Adrianna Nine February 26, 2024
Now that foldable smartphones are a viable segment of the premium electronics market, Apple is working on its own foldable device—but it won’t be an iPhone. People familiar with Apple’s Taiwanese supply chain shared Thursday that the Cupertino-based tech giant is preparing a “larger” foldable device. The sources’ claims dovetail with earlier rumors regarding Apple’s development of a non-iPhone foldable.
https://www.extremetech.com/electronics ... ources-say
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

It will be called Pear.

Seriously though, idk, vPhone? Cuz it's foldable?
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Watch out, Samsung! This new Galaxy Z Flip 5 rival is the first truly affordable foldable
News
By Axel Metz
published 32 minutes ago
https://www.techradar.com/phones/zte-ph ... e-foldable
The Nubia Flip 5G costs half the price – but is it half as good?

Samsung’s Galaxy Z Flip 6 is hotly tipped to succeed the excellent Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 at Galaxy Unpacked this July, but it looks like the upcoming foldable will have one more clamshell rival to compete with when it does hit shelves in a few months.

ZTE subsidiary Nubia (aka the name behind some of the best gaming phones) has unveiled its first foldable device, the Nubia Flip 5G, at MWC 2024, and despite its budget-friendly price, this colorful clamshell shares more than just a form factor with the Galaxy Z Flip 5.

Known in Japan as the ZTE Libero Flip, the Nubia Flip 5G boasts a 6.9-inch folding AMOLED display (1188 x 2790) with a 120Hz refresh rate, as well as a versatile external display that can double as – wait for it – a camera, a music player, a calendar, a stopwatch, a voice recorder, a step counter, a weather app, and, of course, a plain old clock.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Leak Shows Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 6 Ahead of July Reveal
The Z Fold 6 is shaping up to be another iterative improvement.
By Ryan Whitwam February 28, 20
Samsung had the foldable market all to itself for several years, but competition is ramping up with OnePlus, Google, and Motorola all launching foldable phones in the past year. Some of these devices make meaningful hardware advantages over Samsung, but a new leak shows yet another iterative update to Samsung's flagship foldable. The alleged Galaxy Z Fold 6 renders show a phone that borrows the Galaxy S24 aesthetic but keeps Samsung's foldable formula largely unchanged.

The first thing you'll notice about the supposed Galaxy Z Fold 6 is that it has adopted a Galaxy S24-style frame, which was itself accused of aping the iPhone. The current Z Fold 5 has a rounded frame more like Samsung's 2023 smartphones.

There are still two screens, a cover display on the front and a larger foldable display inside. The measurements listed for these renders are the same: 6.2 inches on the front and 7.6 inches unfolded. The shape is a bit different, though. The leak says the Fold 6 measures 153.5 by 132.5 by 6.1 mm unfolded, which is 1.4mm shorter and 2.6mm wider than the Fold 5. Samsung's foldables have always felt a bit narrow, so even this small change will be welcome. This isn't the first time Samsung has moved in this direction. The Z Fold 4 was about 3mm wider than its predecessor.
https://www.extremetech.com/mobile/leak ... uly-reveal
Tadasuke

Post by Tadasuke »

For me, it seems like new smartphones have been getting smaller and smaller upgrades as years go by (higher and higher prices at the same time). I had fully expected AR AI glasses fully replacing smartphones in the 2020s and even more impressive tech coming in the 2030s, but I was too optimistic as usual.

Seems like only AI might change this semi-stagnation.
Global economy doubles in product every 15-20 years. Computer performance at a constant price doubles nowadays every 4 years on average. Livestock-as-food will globally stop being a thing by ~2050 (precision fermentation and more). Human stupidity, pride and depravity are the biggest problems of our world.
firestar464

Post by firestar464 »

It's worth noting that the obsolescence with smartphones is largely planned
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Tadasuke wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:16 am For me, it seems like new smartphones have been getting smaller and smaller upgrades as years go by (higher and higher prices at the same time). I had fully expected AR AI glasses fully replacing smartphones in the 2020s and even more impressive tech coming in the 2030s, but I was too optimistic as usual.

Seems like only AI might change this semi-stagnation.

I like the idea of ar glasses replacing smart phones as the screen/input blue toothed to a smart watch that you wear on our arm...with a.i capacities and voice.

All you'll need to do to take a pic is say take pic or take photo. boom
or with this smart watch you could do it manually.
or you could say to link arm or other body part and move the curser around the screen. And simply put to where you want to take the pic and say it.
Say size of screen and move your arms apart as wide as you want it.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »