CES 2024

Post by wjfox »

The world's biggest tech show.

Post news and updates here!

https://www.ces.tech/

Yuli Ban

Re: CES 2024

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
erowind

Post by erowind »

I don't really understand the appeal of a device like this. Personally I'm not using a lot of these apps demonstrated to begin with, and when I do do something more complex like planning a trip I want to see details like a satellite view of the hotel to check location, read a dozen reviews with keyword searches for bedbugs, actually pick out what car I want to rent and price compare across different providers, etc.

The UI of operating systems could definitely be improved, windows has been the same for two decades now. People who don't properly sort their smartphone apps do just have app vomit on the screen. But I don't think eliminating the operating system entirely is the solution and having two different devices like this adds more confusion.

The productivity tasks like adding a column in a spreadsheet are done instantly without any conversation with a simple hotkey press.

People will probably buy this for a few years though because the gimmick alone is enough to drive sales, it was when smarthome speakers came out too.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

caltrek

Post by caltrek »

Chatty Cars, Swappable Bodies: Future of Transportation on Display at CES
by Joann Muller
January 12, 2024

Introduction:
(Axios) Cars that can chitchat with drivers or that come with swappable body types were among the transportation innovations featured at CES, the giant annual consumer tech show wrapping up Friday in Las Vegas.

The big picture: Self-docking boats, delivery drones and flying taxis — all powered by artificial intelligence — are also on display.

Why it matters: In many ways, CES has replaced traditional auto shows as the preferred venue to showcase futuristic vehicle concepts and technologies.

• And while it's really a trade show for tech suppliers and their customers, all the hoopla around CES also represents the biggest stage for newcomers seeking to make a splash.

This year's overarching theme was how AI is being integrated into just about everything we use — including our cars, where the experience is increasingly being defined by software.
Read more here: https://www.axios.com/2024/01/12/ces-2 ... nda-kia
Don't mourn, organize.

-Joe Hill
raklian

Post by raklian »

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.
wjfox
Site Admin

Post by wjfox »

Lilymoon

Post by Lilymoon »

Looks like they have AI laptop from Acer.

We recently went hands-on with Acer's newly redesigned Swift Go 14, highlighted by its digitized LED touchpad and Intel's new AI-focused Core Ultra processors.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/ces-2024-han ... d-touchpad

Also interesting thing the touchpad shows letters and symbols.

A interesting touchpad shows letters and symbols.

Looks like AI is rage at CES looking at some of the laptops that have AI.
Powers

Post by Powers »

Lilymoon wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:21 pm Looks like they have AI laptop from Acer.

We recently went hands-on with Acer's newly redesigned Swift Go 14, highlighted by its digitized LED touchpad and Intel's new AI-focused Core Ultra processors.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/ces-2024-han ... d-touchpad

Also interesting thing the touchpad shows letters and symbols.

A interesting touchpad shows letters and symbols.

Looks like AI is rage at CES looking at some of the laptops that have AI.
That is giving me serious AI toaster feelings(vibes).
raklian

Post by raklian »

To know is essentially the same as not knowing. The only thing that occurs is the rearrangement of atoms in your brain.