The Metaverse

kossmoss

Re: The Metaverse

Post by kossmoss »

To help you get a sense of how vague and complex a term “the metaverse” can be, here's an exercise to try: Mentally replace the phrase “the metaverse” in a sentence with “cyberspace.” Ninety percent of the time, the meaning won't substantially change. That's because the term doesn't really refer to any one specific type of technology, but rather a broad shift in how we interact with technology. And it's entirely possible that the term itself will eventually become just as antiquated, even as the specific technology it once described becomes commonplace.gbwhatsapp
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
ananyaa

Post by ananyaa »

Yuli Ban wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:00 pm And so I just discovered that the Metaverse may actually be coming together after all, which means that I absolutely MUST create a news and discussions thread for it.

Metaverse
The Metaverse is a collective virtual shared space, created by the convergence of virtually enhanced physical reality and physically persistent virtual space, including the sum of all virtual worlds, augmented reality, and the Internet. The word "metaverse" is made up of the prefix "meta" (meaning beyond) and the stem "verse" (a backformation from "universe"); the term is typically used to describe the concept of a future iteration of the internet, made up of persistent, shared, 3D virtual spaces linked into a perceived virtual universe
Is it possible to go into Metaverse ?
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Meta's Quest VR gear to let people 'hang out' in metaverse
https://techxplore.com/news/2022-06-met ... eople.html
Meta chief Mark Zuckerberg sees the future of the internet as people working, playing and exploring in life-like virtual worlds using ever slimmer and more powerful headsets.

Meta on Friday said that it is adding the ability to easily socialize in virtual reality with an update to its Quest 2 headsets in another step toward the metaverse.

The tweak heading for the latest model Quest from Meta-owned Oculus will let wearers hop into virtual settings with friends, chief Mark Zuckerberg said in a post on his Facebook page.

"I'm here to announce the ability to, as soon as you put on your Quest 2 headset, to have people hang out with you in a social environment," Zuckerberg said in a video.

The software update will open a door to Horizon World virtual reality platform that Facebook-parent Meta opened to the public in North America at the end of last year.

Meta is also working on letting people create their own virtual worlds where they host gatherings of avatars, Zuckerberg said.
Yuli Ban

Post by Yuli Ban »

And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future
Lorem Ipsum

Post by Lorem Ipsum »

For me it's Batman.
weatheriscool

Post by weatheriscool »

Meta CEO Says It Expects One Billion People to Be in The Metaverse by 20230
https://www.extremetech.com/internet/33 ... e-by-20230
By Josh Norem on June 24, 2022 at 9:15 am

In a recent interview with Jim Cramer of Mad Money fame, Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg opined on various metaverse-related topics. As we all know, the metaverse is seen by the company as the next big thing in computing. So big, in fact, that it changed its name from Facebook to reflect its pivot towards virtual worlds. In the discussion Zuckerberg addressed how he envisions many aspects of the technology’s future.

In the interview, Zuck revealed Meta’s lofty ambitions. He said he hopes there will be at least a billion people in the metaverse by the end of the decade. In addition, he thinks each of those people will be spending hundreds of dollars a year on digital bobbles. He estimated people will be “buying digital goods, digital content, different things to express themselves,” he said. These digital goods could also include avatar clothes, virtual home decorations, or items to adorn a virtual conference room. Doing the math, this means Mark thinks his company will be pulling in hundreds of billions of dollars in metaverse revenue eventually. That’s several factors beyond its current annual revenue, which is around $117 billion. Still, 2030 is a long ways away, so anything is possible.
funkervogt

Post by funkervogt »

What does it mean to be "in the Metaverse"? Does it count if you've created an account, tried it for one day, and then never use it again? If that's the metric, then there could be a billion Metaverse users by 2030. By the same token, I'm "on Twitter" even though all I did was create an account over ten years ago and then never use it.
Ojisan

Post by Ojisan »

Not gonna lie. When i first read the word Metaverse and see that pic of iron man on page 6, i through of Marvel combining all universe stories in one. WhatsApp Aero APKAnd damn, when i read the first post of first page, i was hit-bottom wrong.
AndrewArthur

Post by AndrewArthur »

I'm "on Twitter" even though all I did was create an account over ten years ago and then never use it.